Does makeup go off?

• August 20, 2005 12:21 AM BST
    I remember reading something last year about makeup going off. It was followed by some images of a face covered in scabs by someone that had used said makeup.

Mine is all older than a year now and goodness knows how long ago it was made.
    I don't want to hurt my face and was thinking about getting a new set. Any advice please?
  • August 20, 2005 11:04 PM BST
    Thanks girls
    I just bought a new set today. £130 for the basics!!!!!!!!
    Well, Clinique is expensive lol. Full blushes documented in my blog as well as a new pic of me with far too heavy and probably too dark foundation.
    Enjoy
    bunny
    • 1652 posts
    August 20, 2005 8:40 PM BST
    i don't know if it goes off as such, maybe, but it will certainly collect bacteria. scabs all over the face sounds a little extreme, but you might for example get a sty in your eye using old mascara or a dirty eye brush. i wouldn't use make up that old for hygiene reasons, after all, you wouldn't use the same toothbrush or facecloth for a year without ever cleaning it would you? you would? ugh!
    treat yourself to a new set, bunny. girls deserve nice fresh make up.
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    August 27, 2005 1:31 AM BST
    Hi Bunny-

One thing you can do is keep makeup in the fridge. It makes it last longer. And it makes it easier to sharpen eyeliner pencils and so on.

And to add to Lucy's warning, be very careful about samples out on makeup counters in stores. They are often contaminated with bacteria and can cause an infection if it gets into your eye or even a tiny scratch or cut on your face.

Have fun with your new kit.

Hugs...Joni