High Street Foundation

• 10 posts
    October 21, 2005 2:49 PM BST
    Thanks for that Lucy.
    Do you know where i can find out what shades pan stick is available in?
    There dose not seem to be any indication on that site.

Thank you xx
    • 10 posts
    October 19, 2005 9:17 PM BST
    Hi, IM wondering if any UK girls can recommend any liquid foundation i could get from Boots and the like that give good coverage.
    I don't have bad shadow but like anyone i have a tiny bit which i need to cover without having to buy dermablend.
    Bye for now.
    • 10 posts
    October 23, 2005 5:47 PM BST
    thanks for that.
    so can i put a liquid foundation over the top of this stuff?
    Thank you.
    • 10 posts
    November 8, 2005 7:57 PM GMT
    I have bought the maxfactor pan stick in the end.

How do i make my face look smooth though?

My pours show.
  • November 9, 2005 9:02 AM GMT
    Natasha,

You could try using a Boots No7 concealer stick applied and blended into the beard area as a base (leave it for a few mins to set properly) followed by Revlon Colorstay Foundation. Apply this with a foundation sponge or brush to get a good finish, you can use fingers if you are careful.

This is what I use and I've not had problems with shadow coming through and I tend to be out ad about during daylight hours rather than in clubs at night.

I would recommend talking to the girls on the counters about what is best for your skin. You'll get the right product and the correct colour for your skin, which helps tremedously. Don't be shy about asking, the vast majority are delighted to help and you may end up making a friend who will help you develop your makeup regime. That's what I did many years ago and haven't looked back since.

Alex
    xxxx
    • 10 posts
    November 9, 2005 11:20 AM GMT
    Thank you for the tips and advice.

IM too shy to go up to one of those gorgeous girls at the makeup counter and start asking for my correct shade ect!

Oh dear no I could'nt

When I go into a womans shop if there's a babe on the counter I cant buy that blouse or little skirt,but then again if its a certain satin blouse I just do it.

Thanks.
    • 13 posts
    December 6, 2005 9:18 PM GMT
    Hi Natasha, I've started using Estee Lauder's liquid foundation since u can actually paint the foundation, then let it dry then continue putting your face on hehe, well the link below will send you to the front page of estee lauder then select make up from the drop down box select foudation, the one i mentioned is called Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup, it isn't cheaper neither is the brush but i feel it works for me.
    oopps the link (blonde day again) http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/home.tmpl

hope this helps

Nicki xx
    • 1652 posts
    October 20, 2005 2:34 AM BST
    Hi Natasha, I haven't found a liquid foundation that will give a good coverage for shadow, so I tend to use Dermablend or, much cheaper, Kryolan pan stick, which I've never seen in the shops but available here: http://www.translife.co.u[...]ell%3D1 amongst other places. I use the colour 1W, which is extremely pale, practically white, and then a standard foundation (usually a Bourjois stick) over the top. Maybe the Kryolan on its own would suffice if it was a good colour match with your skin, something I must try soon.
    The only time I've not had a problem with shadow is when I used to pluck, but it takes hours (at first at least), and isn't much fun. I'm now having IPL so I'm not allowed to pluck any more (thank god).
    I'm still pretty crap at doing my foundation to be honest, I had a makeover done by Sammy once on a night out in Manchester and she did a great job, just using Dermablend and powder as I recall, perhaps I should go back for a refresher session! If you ever get the chance, I can recommend her.
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    October 21, 2005 11:56 PM BST
    Yes Natasha, click on the Info button next to the product and the shades will come up.
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    November 8, 2005 11:15 PM GMT
    Hi Natasha-

You might try this stuff:

http://www.colortration.com

It works really well, though it is a bit spendy, however a little bit does go a very long way. I got the sample kit of six different colors which was only $14US (free shipping) and am still using the last bits of it after nearly a year (a sad commentary, perhaps, on how often I get to go out<lol>.

I have also gone to stores that specialize in stage makeup and gotten pancake makeup in a shade to match my skintone. You can also buy 2 or 3 shades and customize them. It works fairly well but I really don't like the greasy feel of it or how it looks in daylight but for going out at night to club or something it works just fine. Of course I guess if the light is that dim a bit of shadow would hardly be noticed anyway.<lol>

Good luck, happy hunting.

Hugs...Joni