Wig

• 23 posts
    November 24, 2005 11:55 AM GMT
    Hi!
    Have just read a number of posts about having your wig washed professionally and understand its better for your local shop to do it.
    I'm thinking about using the Transformation shop. Has anyone any experience of this? Is their service better than the wig shop I bought it from and roughly how much does it cost?
    Love Kay xx
    • 1652 posts
    November 24, 2005 12:51 PM GMT
    hi kay, i've washed my wig several times without problems, it really does make it look better, but i wouldn't bother paying for someone else to do it, it's easy enough. you can buy wig shampoo for less than a fiver (8 or 9 dollars i guess), and no doubt someone knows of a cheaper alternative. don't use hot water, just lukewarm. simply fill a sink with water and add a little shampoo and throw in the wig, trying not to get it too tangled, and leave to soak for a few minutes. when it's dry, comb gently, always gripping the hair at the top so it doesn't pull out from the cap.
    as for transformation, if it's the same as the one in england i would say, don't go there, period.
    xx
  • November 26, 2005 12:21 AM GMT
    Don't go to Transformation. Prices are about three times what you would pay elsewhere. All trannys should boycott this place.