Good or bad starting point?

• December 22, 2005 9:19 PM GMT
    Hi all. I posted in another forum on the rules for SRS, but that's sort of a different story for me. Was mostly thinking of "what ifs" and questions crossed my mind. For right now, I am not really ready to do anything due to possible family/custody/work issues. I wish I had the guts. Then again, I'm not 100% sure of anything either. I guess that will take time. However, I have a loving wife who I have been able to discuss everything with and is 100% supportive. I guess that would put me in a minority right there, although not alone I know.

I hope it's ok to ask more "what if" questions. I don't know if I will ever start any hormones at all, much less any surgery. I also know my biggest problem would be facial features (have a very obvious cleft chin and Adam's Apple is prominant although somewhat due to my thin stature).

I am just curious on results of others and ideas on where I am now. I know there are WAY too many variables for a real answer, but I'm just looking for thoughts. I will be 38 years old, 5'8", 135 pounds, and measurements are 35-29-32. My fingers are so slim the jewelry shop got a kick out of making fun of me for needing a woman's size ring (was a 6 or 6 1/2 but forgot exactly). I have a very small frame and bone structure. My butt doesn't hardly exist at all

Anyway, what could hormones do for me, when I have little to no fat that could be redistributed in the first place? Would I just get a small amount of breast growth and that's it?

Anyway, I KNOW the info I gave, combined with the variable results, can't result in any concrete answers. Just looking for thoughts on what I have to work with

• 134 posts
    December 22, 2005 9:45 PM GMT
    steve, hormones affect everyone differently so no one can say if you take this you will get this!
    All I can say is im very pleased with what they have done for me in a year.Have a look at my pics.
    Do read a lot about it first tho if you arent doing this thru a doc. be very aware of the dangers.
    good luck,
    angel xx
  • December 22, 2005 10:04 PM GMT
    While I can't promise it, I will most likely see a Doc before doing anything at all. I also understand results can vary so much that it's really impossible to give any concrete answer s to what hormones could do. I'm looking more for general input on: 1.) What I would be starting with, and 2.) Regardless of variability in results, do I need fat for it to be redistributed? I'm so scrawny there is nothing to redistribute, if that's what it relies on

Thanks for the input too!! Have read some of your other posts, and all have been helpfull !!

• December 23, 2005 5:19 AM GMT
    I can only agree...

There is hardly anything more unsure than presume the effects of hormones on individuals. It seems to spread out that much. Most of M2F patients of my age claim of minor or no effects at all. I´m very happy with my results, but I seem to be an exception...and have a bad feeling about one person, 10 years younger than me, who, after having seen my process, decided to follow me, with poor results.

Laura
    • 16 posts
    December 29, 2005 9:27 PM GMT
    Hi Ladies,
    I have been going through the process of starting HRT myself and have many of the same questions. I am getting my letter of recomendation from my therapist today and will be seeing my GP on January 12th. I will be please to update this forum as I progress.

Angel, I did take a look at your Photos and may I say they are beautiful and I hope I have near the results you have.

I am starting out late in life but I have a family history of shapely figures so my hopes are high. But I can tell you that I am more excited to begin the emotional changes that accompany HRT. I had a small sample as I experimented a few months back and I felt so much more alive. The world touched me in ways my boy self could only imagine.

I have always been considered a bit sensitive for a male (LOL). But the flood of feelings that come with the change are incredible. Good luck Steve and I will update as I go

Anne
  • December 31, 2008 2:37 AM GMT
    Hi girls, I'm a little disappointed that we women over the age of 50 aren't representing ourselves more. Some of us spend 50 years or more going though the "I guess I'll always have to live as a man" way of life and never think this will change. For the first time in my life, I have a chance to change to the real me., 9 months ago I realized that for the 1st time in my life I can be me. I skipped the therapist phase, what a waste of time, I know who I am and what I want.,and went to a good friend who is a Endo''. We talked for several days and he wasn't surprised how I felt, which freeked me out because I thought everyone was fooled by my facade. He over saw my bloods and health issues and agreed to monitor me.He agreed that I was really in the wrong place, gender wise. With his help I started a regimen of estrofem, 4mg/day and spiro, 100/mg day. I'm 6 months in and I'm so in the right place!! The point of this thread is to get other advanced aged women to come forth and lets talk about us and how things are going and any concerns we have. Maybe we can ease some tension about starting HRT this late in life. I know even with a Doc.. involved I worry about being this age when I started. I just want to live out the rest of my life as a women. I know your out there and have question like, is it to late to become a women and what are the health risks. I'm not going to act as a medical professional but I will pass on my experiences and what my Doc. tells me. Please let me hear from you. Thanks, Lauralea
    • 1912 posts
    December 31, 2008 2:50 AM GMT
    Will Lauralea, your's truly is 50 and I have been on hrt approaching 4yrs now. I basicially went fulltime this past summer. I still need to legally change my name and hope to have that done by summer. There are plenty of us gals at this age, very common actually. I hope we can catch up with each other in the chatroom or future postings.
    Hugs,
    Marsha