I've "lost" so many clothes and shoes

• 90 posts
    June 25, 2006 7:23 AM BST
    Since coming out as a cross-dresser, I have lost so much stuff from people whom I trusted.

I have told all my family I am a cross dresser; they really don't believe that I have been secretly wearing women's clothes since I was five years of age, and put it down to either madness or a midlife crisis.

It's neither.

Anyway, I usually go away on trips, and when I've returned I noticed shoes, skirts, blouses, dresses, underwear, completely thrown out. I live with my mum because she needs help, but that doesn't stop her and my brother clearing my female wardrobe out at least four times on each occasion I have been away.

I must have lost well over £2,000 worth of clothes and shoes.

Yet I keep replacing them. I won't be beaten.

Even when I stayed at my sister's for three months, she threw my clothes and shoes out, yet she lied when she said she understood what she called my "condition." The liar.

Thankfully I have invested in a very heavy safe. Try getting into that!!

LOL. I won't be beaten. I'm in the process of replacing my entire wardrobe YET AGAIN.!!!
    • 90 posts
    June 27, 2006 4:40 AM BST
    What really annnoyed me is that in January I bought a ladies skirt suit, black calf-length kick-pleat skirt, laced top, and black jacket, with matching high heel shoes (3 inches).

Undewear, black laced bra and knickers....

I adored that look, and all I have left is the black skirt. That REALLY annoyed me, because it cost me in American money $200!

To Wendy, and others, I did consider throwing their clothes and possessions out, but that's just me bringing myself down to their level. At the end of the day, it's no-one's business what I do in private. Even if I wanna wear a clown's suit while reading War and Peace. What has that to do with anyone?! Not that I'd want to.

I've just learnt my lessons the HARD way. In future, everything will be held under lock and key!!

Thanks again for your support and advice.
    • 2573 posts
    June 26, 2006 3:48 AM BST
    Skirt Lover,

I see two ways to deal with this.
    1. Educate your family to understand your nature and that they cannot, and you cannot, change it.
    2. Throw out some of their clothes, ones that you know they care about, and give them some insight into what they are actually doing to you. Doing it to all of them at once might be most effective. Tell them you will do it every time they throw out yours. Since you won't know who did it, you will throw out some of everyone's clothes. I would do this after attempting #1 again and offering #1 afterwards.

What they are doing is wrong. It's theft and vandalism and criminal behavior. I suppose you could threaten #3. File charges against them with the police if #1 and #2 dont work, or instead of #2. In fact that might be a more adult and appropriate approach.... of course, that would require great courage and risk of public outing.
    • 2627 posts
    June 26, 2006 12:06 PM BST
    As a teen it was hard to get clothes of my own. When they were found my mom would toss them thinking my sister put them in the garage.
    It took so long to put an outfit together. I don't think I ever had more than 2 at any one time that was realy mine.
    But me & my sister were the same size for so long I still had things there I could wear.
    • 2573 posts
    June 26, 2006 6:51 PM BST
    When people behave like that with another person's belongings, we say they have problems with boundaries. They don't have the appropriate concept of where their rights end and yours start. Like a guy walking up to a girl he does not know and squeezing her breast and saying "nice". He doesn't have the concept of where "He" ends and "She" begins. The same if someone borrows your bicycle without asking and then leaves it at her destination. These people need therapy to understand where their rights end. What next? The neighbor is a tranny and they go over and take the neighbor's dress and panties off the clothesline and throw them in the trash? Where do their rights end? Certainly it is before throwing your clothes out. If you do it to them they will probably be outraged. You see? No sense of proper boundaries.