Eye liner

• 37 posts
    August 30, 2006 9:03 PM BST
    Hiya all!
    Can anyone give me any tips on applying eye liner. I've try both a pencil and liquid kind but can't seem to get a smooth fine line. Please Help.
    luv Gab -xx-
    • 515 posts
    August 30, 2006 9:42 PM BST
    If you want a smooth line and not have to rub it on so to speak warm the tip of your pencil up with a lighter or candle. If you want a really fine line then soften then sharpen the eye liner pencil.
    It seems to work for me
    Smiles
    Sara
    • 2 posts
    December 4, 2006 1:42 PM GMT
    hi Gab,

i really struggled getting used to a pencil, myself, and gave up.

then, i tried the liquid eyeliner...a little practice at steadying my hand and learning patience while the liquid liner dries. its been a miracle.
    • 2017 posts
    September 1, 2006 8:39 PM BST
    I use a pencil and don't have any problems with it, just keep a resonable point to it.
    • 1980 posts
    September 3, 2006 1:08 PM BST
    Hi Gabrielle-

FWIW, I don't worry too much about an absolutely precise fine line, I think a slightly wider and softer looking line looks better, at least on me. Usually I use a fairly blunt pencil (just kind of smoosh down the tip a little on the palm of your hand) and smudge it a little with a cotton swab. Maybe it's just me, but a very thin line looks kind of harsh, just my opinion of course.

I also like the kind of pencils that are like mechanical pencils, if you turn the barrel the point extends, rather than the kind you have to sharpen.

Good luck, have fun.

Hugs...Joni

• 1980 posts
    September 5, 2006 1:39 PM BST
    Sarah, what a good idea about the baby wipes. I will have to toss some in my kit. Thanks!

Hugs...Joni