KISSING

• September 13, 2006 5:52 PM BST
    This may be a dumb or paranoid (trivial!?) subject/question. It's kind of related to my first question in this category. How long does it take lipstick and lip gloss to dry. Does it dry to any great extent? The problem (I am serious): Everybody always wants to kiss me--especially now! Whether it's just a polite peck on the lips or the old, well you know, they always go straight for the mouth. Is/would there be a problem with giving lipstick (etc.) smears? Please DON'T laugh.
  • September 14, 2006 5:15 AM BST
    Lorna,

I had a grandmother (rest her soul) who could really put on a pucker and (unfortunately for us grandchildren when we were young) could leave a mark the size of a teacup saucer.

Well, I don't know about others, but I'm still not too fond of getting smeared.

The good thing is that there are a large variety of "stay-put" lip colors on the market. Most are two step: a skin coloring part that soaks in fairly deep into the lips, and a clear top coat to seal it in and prevent it from drying/cracking/peeling. So, your lips don't lose their perfectly red color or shape and those you smooch have nothing more than a small trace of clear gloss (if any) on their receiving end.

My favorite is Almay's "Truely Lasting Color" in "blush." It's a very natural tone that's just a shade darker than my own lips, so I can even wear it when out in "guy" mode, and it just looks like I put some blistex on or something. For more formal occasions, I go with light plums/medium reds. (They compliment my green eyes, I'm told.)

Hope this is of some help.

Sincerely,

Kari
    xoxoxo
  • September 15, 2006 7:44 PM BST
    Thanks Kari! First of all, thank you, for taking me, and the issue, seriously. The information I can really use too. It indeed wouldn't be SUCH an issue if the situation didn't come up with SO much frequency whenever I go out in girl mode. Yes--of course I am bright enough (in spite of some admitted flakiness, lol) to realize that this does sound like a "pleasant" problem to a lot of people, but NOT to me. I am still quite new to all this. I am a natural worrier. I don't want to say no and/or turn away. (1)This would cause me even more anxiety; (2)AND I do enjoy being kissed. Thanks again Kari.