doctors and waiting

• 8 posts
    November 7, 2006 11:21 PM GMT
    I have recently told my doctor about my gender disphoria and he has reffered me to camh. I was chatting with the desk girls and was told there could be up to a 3 month wait, this really upsets me, I have also heard that it could be another 3 months of therapy before i have a chance to get on HT treatment. I just turned 25 today and am freaking out, I don't want to loose the fem features I already have, as I am I always mistaken for a girl. I would love just to here from others I don't want to self-medicate but will if it's going to take half a year. Any one in Toronto with experience with this? Id love to here any comments of opinions.
    • 8 posts
    November 20, 2006 7:41 PM GMT
    Thanks for getting back to me, just wanted to see if other are upset at the system. It's hard for me to see other girls so far ahead, and here I am still struggling to get on HRT oh the agony of waiting. And your situation! that's unbelevable, I really feel for you I'll send you positive thought's. Feel better Lot's of HUGS
    • 2573 posts
    November 8, 2006 12:48 PM GMT
    Unfortunately, public medicine is fraught with delays. I was given a reference for a foot injury by my doctor. It came in two weeks later, which is when he thought my appointment would be for. The appointment is for three months after I injured the foot, which I can only walk on for short distances. I'm not sure I can GET to work, let alone work a shift. This is for an acute, trauma problem that could get worse waiting for treatment.

I know it's frustrating but at least they are treating you like everyone else