vector electrolysis

• 8 posts
    November 8, 2006 1:57 AM GMT
    I have a good feeling about the vector electrolysis hair removal system so you can do it your self or get your girl friends to do it. Everything on trangendered.net is positive but I would really like to here from someone who is not trying to sell this product. It retails for $199.99usd so it's not cheap but compaired to 40-80$ per hour for professional electrolysis it would save a fortune. Any one use it, I am close to buying it but would love to hear any imput. Thanks
    • 1083 posts
    November 8, 2006 6:03 PM GMT
    Ladies:

Home electrolysis units generally do not work. Better to save the money, and get lasered. If you want to at least go longer between shaves, try an epilator.

Just be careful. Check out why here.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 1083 posts
    November 8, 2006 7:08 PM GMT
    Okay--

The qualification is that you see a professional, who's learned how to use a laser. A home laser kit strikes me as about as inefficient as home electrolysis...or the Bush government for the next two years.

Mina
    • 8 posts
    November 20, 2006 7:31 PM GMT
    Thanks so much for everyone's imput you all rock. Id rathrer get electro or laser professionaly done the cost it a bit daunting to those without corporate jobs. Where there's a will there's a way though, I too have heard bad thing about home units. As was said before our situation is verry different the hair is a lot thicker, I'll keep checking back for any new info and thanks again HUGS
  • January 8, 2008 9:29 AM GMT
    Home laser units? Ok I already don't trust that and i haven't seen one lol...Sorry I won't trust myself with an excimer type laser device on my skin..As for electrolysis units...nope..I been zapped tooo many times by the 125VAC wall socket and I don't want to do it intentionally.

face it...shave, wax, pluck, electrocute or laser it off...one of the 5 lol
    • 2573 posts
    November 8, 2006 12:50 PM GMT
    I have no direct experience, but I have heard that home electrolysis units are not effective.
    • 1652 posts
    November 8, 2006 1:20 PM GMT
    I bought one of these recently, the jury is still out, as I have haven’t had chance to use it that much, and it takes a while to see how effective the results are. There are hundreds of so called “home electrolysis” kits on the market and most of them are useless. Two possible exceptions are the One Touch, which I also have, and the Vector. The One Touch uses a needle type probe which has to be inserted alongside the hair directly into the root (without piercing the skin). Tricky? You bet. So much so that I’ve never dared use it with the power on! One day I will give it a go. You can find these on Ebay, not too expensive, and I’ve heard testimonials from TS’s that they are effective, one who even says they have achieved almost total clearance with this product alone, no mean feat.
    The Vector does get good reviews too, though I’m not sure if I’ve seen any from a TS, our hair problem is after all a different kettle of fish. The vector uses a tweezing method, still surprisingly tricky, and I believe there is a needle option too. The vector is mains powered and claims to have the same power output as professional electrolysis machines.
    I can tell you this: Be very careful. It’s a lot trickier than you might think. The tweezers require a lot of pressure to grip the hair and if you touch your skin you will get one hell of a jolt! Apply the current for too long and you will get burnt, concentrate in one area too much and you will get burnt. I know this to my cost.
    With practice though you will hopefully get the hang of it. It has a meter that tells you the current that is passing through so you can see if it is sufficient (you have to attach an electrode to your arm or somewhere to complete the circuit), though you can feel it too.
    I don’t intend to rely on this solely, assuming it does work, but if it does it will certainly help a great deal. You have to be patient, and as I’ve said, very careful. I’ll post more when I have a more definitive answer.
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    November 13, 2006 5:34 PM GMT
    HI Lux-

My personal feeling is that it would be a waste of your money. Like Wendy I have no direct experience with this brand of machine but from what I have read and from talking with other girls, both for real and online, home electrolysis kits are a rip-off. There is a reason that licensed electrolygists go to school, get certified and pay good money for their equipment. And, no, it isn't so they can rip off poor hapless t-girls, either.

Having had experience with both laser treatment and electrolysis, I can tell you that in the long run, having someone professional do it is more than worth it. I had several laser treatments to remove the approx 30-50% of my beard which is still dark enough to respond to it and am now getting electrolysis on the rest which seems to have turned gray more or less overnight. Getting old sucks, though I prefer it to the alternative.

If you don't mind, Lux, I have an electrolysis appointment next week and will speak with Sherry, the gal whom I go to to be tortured for an hour or so at a time every couple of weeks. I can pretty much guarantee what she will say, but I will definitely ask her about the Vector system. Please hold off on spending your hard earned money, at least until you have done more research on it.

No matter what, I wish you the best of luck and if you do choose to buy it, please keep us posted with how things turn out for you. Okay?

Hugs...Joni
    • 1980 posts
    January 9, 2008 2:57 PM GMT
    Hi Peony-

Thank you for reviving this post, I had forgotten that I said I would check with the gal who does my electrolysis and get her opinion on it. Of course, this was months ago now and being old, I have forgotten some of what she said, but here's the gist of it as best I can recall. As pretty much everyone knows, electrolysis machines used by pros have a hair thin needle that is slid down along the shaft of the hair follicle until it reaches the base of the hair where growth actually occurs. Then an electric current is applied that can be varied in strength and duration. The electric current causes three things to happen, first off all, of course is the electric current itself, this also causes heat at the hair root and also, which I had no idea of, a chemical reaction. It's a combination of these three, the current itself, the heat generated and the chemical reaction, that kills the hair root and allows the hair to be slid (tweezed) out. Too light a current and either no reaction will occur or the hair root will only be slightly damaged and either way the hair will just regrow.

Her feeling about a system that applies a current to the hair shaft is that hair itself is not all that conductive and that it wouldn't get enough current to the hair root to really be effective. Of course, you may say that this is something anybody who gets paid to do it would say about a system that might cut into profits. It's what I thought, too, cynic that I am, even though I like and trust her and as far as I know she has always been upfront with me. So anyway, for what it's worth, that's what I was told as best I can remember it. Myself, I would save the money and use it toward a couple of treatments from a pro or maybe some new shoes. Can't have too many shoes.

Hugs...Joni Marie