Big problem with hormone supply. Help!

• May 25, 2007 8:37 PM BST
    Some of you may know I self-med. Some of you may know the reason, and know that I've been doing it for some time - in my case there's been little other choice. This isn't really about the rights and wrongs of self medding though.

I've screwed up. There's a first time for everything, and this is it for me. It just couldn't have happened at a worse time. Just as everything seems to be starting to get better, this happens. My supply of hormones looks set to run out as things stand.

I'm about to go and see my friend in Austria for three weeks, which is really wonderful - and it should be a very very special time for both of us. Unfortunately, my current supply of estradiol runs out soon after I arrive. What with the timing of money and the flights, I knew that I'd be taking a risk ordering from Inhouse (my usual place) because customs has a nasty habit of stalling the delivery - it sometimes takes about three weeks (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter) for them to arrive, which I usually allow for Of course, it wouldn't be a problem at all if I weren't going. I was going to have the order shipped to my friend in Austria after suggesting it to her (she's ordered the odd item or two herself in the past without problems), but as I went to do so earlier, I find that InHouse don't ship there.

Gawd. now I'm lost! I either need to find somewhere or some way to get my hormones here in the UK in two weeks, or to have them shipped to my friend in Austria. I really don't want this to be a black mark from what should be, and needs to be, a really really special meeting for both of us - we could both do with the lift. If anybody can suggest anything, please, please do!
    • 134 posts
    July 29, 2007 11:09 PM BST
    Hi Rhia, I dont know where to get hormones other that inhouse but Ive noticed that customs seem to be stopping (& adding a charge!) to a lot more of the packages now since inhouse stopped using courior service & using the post!
    Anyone know if they are going to start carrier service up again? (Lisa?)
    Angel