A little development

• 434 posts
    April 6, 2010 4:05 AM BST
    Samantha,
    1) Marsha has a point
    "And I think there is one thing I can guarantee. When in guy mode, instead of having that nice feminine feeling, you are going to have that paranoid feeling wondering if anyone can tell if you have boobs. Yep, guaranteed. "

* It looks like getting "Read" can work both ways if you get boobs and don't go all the way with real hormones.

2) There are many "ovarians" that have tiny boobs as well - but good judgment in clothing and a little appropriately placed padding can do wonders.
    My breasts are tiny by most standards but could be disguised fairly easily in most circumstances, but of course, I don't have any reason to hide them anymore and my figure is too feminine now to even try.
    The questions you will have to ask yourself Samantha are - - "what is my place" and "where lies my happiness"

"hugs" sis!
  • January 15, 2010 8:18 PM GMT
    Hi girls.
    I'm looking at enhancing my breast. First of all I am not full time but I would love to make them a little fuller and hopefully a little more sensitive. I have no idea where to begin. I'm hoping that you could share your experiences and knowledge with me.
    Trying to be a little more feminine. Hugs... Samantha
  • January 15, 2010 10:07 PM GMT
    Thanks Lucy
    I appreciate your thoughts. I have lived with what I have my whole life and I'm 57 now. Sometimes I get the urge to go a little further and think about ideas like this. But you are right. Without going full time it probably isn't a good idea. I really don't have to alter my body to express my feminine side. I actually am very happy in my life. Thanks again.
    Hugs.... Samantha
  • January 15, 2010 10:36 PM GMT
    Hi Samantha, We chatted about this the other night, so I'm glad this subject came up again. About 8 years ago I tried several herbs including Black Koish, Milk Thistle, soy products, Evening Primrose and drank whole milk. I also rubbed Emitria progesetone cream on my breast and nipples. I started out with nothing - the only shape I had in the breast area was from my rib cage, although my nipples were always sensitive. Anyway, I did combinations of these products for about 9 months and they did actually increase the fleshyness of my breast mass and made my nipples larger and even more sensitive. The aeriolas weren't affected. I got hooked on the excitement of putting something feminine in my body and actually seeing results...After a while, I noticed a decrese in my energy and began feeling lethargic - it might be a coincidence, but I also had to begin thyroid medication at that point based on my annual blood tests. I got scared and stopped, but my breast mass and nipple development remain.

I have strong TS tendencies and it was too tempting for me to pass up. I guess I'm a TS trapped in a CD body.

I probably should have talked to the doctor in more detail about my blood test and let her in on what I was doing - but chickened out.

I believe the over-the-counter products available can make a difference in some people - it would be interesting to read scientific data on the subject and I wonder how far into a transition this would ultimately lead. I'm glad I did what I did and still have the subtle results (I was just too flat), but everyone is different.

It's good to have someone as knowledgeable as Lucy on board with her comments. lt would probably be better to talk with your doctor and let him/her take blood tests while you experiment, or bite the bullet and go for the real stuff.

I'd love to learn more - if over-the-counter products are safe, I'd be the first in line, however, at this point I'm more inclined to follow Lucy's path.

• January 15, 2010 10:52 PM GMT
    Just to follow-up, my 'breasts' developed full enough to concern me when wearing my alter-ego's male attire, so I began wearing looser shirts when in male personna. Also my nipples became aroused by the fabric of my clothing. It did work for me, I only wish I'd been brave enough to confront my desires and go through the proper medical testing.
    • 1912 posts
    January 15, 2010 11:05 PM GMT
    I'm in full agreement with what Lucy said in regards to if you don't have intentions of going fulltime, then you really should not consider growing breasts. Lucy was quite right that you can't pick and choose what development you will get. There is also the expense issue but I would rather stay focused on the health side. Jennifer mentioned her experience with herbal products and how due to health concerns, maybe related maybe not, she stopped. There just isn't any legitimate documentation on safe use of herbals. Sure there are some who say it is great, but negative testimonials are going to be hard to come by simply because of the embarrassment. It is so easy to get caught up in the excitement but the reality of it is the real people in your life are unlikely to share the excitement, and when you start changing, they will notice.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
  • January 16, 2010 12:40 AM GMT
    I plan to discuss this with my doctor during my next physical. Part of the reason I joined Tw was to learn and consider my options.

From what I've read in the Hormone forum, many members seem to regret taking hormones...is that true?

I know hormones will effect everyone differently, but is there a tendency to become lethargic and moody while on hormones? Perhaps some people get depressed to see their male self dying as they would for any close relative? I don't believe I would suffer depression from letting my maleness slip away, or even loose some sex drive, but I would'nt want to loose my energy or optomistic enthusiasm for life.

My personal experience with herbs was positive, but did make me moody, a bit melancolic and less energetic. I'd also hate to loose my interest in fashion and desire for dressing up and applying make-up...although I do like to dress down w/ Jeans etc. and blend in however appropriate to the occassion. In fact, I'm fascinated with the miriad of ways women can present themselves....maybe I'd loose that if it became reality.

• January 16, 2010 12:50 AM GMT
    Hi Girls
    Thanks for all the input. After thinking about it there seems to be to much risk, both physical and emotional for someone like me who does not plan to live as a woman full time At least not now. I an going to stay the way I am. I'm really happy with my life and my time as Samantha. I have been expressing my femininity in this ways for years and I am comfortable in doing so. Sometimes I get a little confused in what I actually want. Thanks again. I know I am happy in what I have now and will continue to perfect my look without any help from hormones or herbs.
    Hugs to all..... Samantha
  • January 16, 2010 2:32 AM GMT
    This has gotten a bit off topic from the original thread, but

I suppose the Article by Dallas Denny and some of the subsequent posts about how becoming a 'real' woman as opposed to 'a man's idea of a woman' a lot of the passion and fun was lost.

Part of my pleasure derives from the transformation process and the ability to look, move, feel and practically become another person without becoming schitzophrentic and still maintaining a sense of humor, enjoyment and reality. A real yin/yang lifestyle. But it does tend to isolate me socially at times if I'm not careful, because I still can't really be in 2 places at one time yet...but a TS can.

That Dallas Denny article echoes what I've heard and read over the years when a TG is presented with the day-to-day reality of womanhood. I can see how I could easily take it all for granted also. I would probably lose and miss my duality more than my maleness. Although I've felt or ignored strong TS urges and desires throughout my life perhaps I should have/could become a Female Impersonator.

Back on topic: For me, the slight enhancement I recieved from herbs and creams helped me achieve more of a yin/yang balance and I was fortunate. However, I should have experimented under medical supervision and that's what I would recommend.

Another question: What's so bad about taking medically perscribed hormones for awhile to achieve an appropriate and medically proper balance without necessarily completing the process?

One of the benifits I've recieved as Jennifer is a passion for health and fitness, whereas, if I were just a guy all the time I would probably have a big beer belly and a lot of boring clothes - might even be a tranny chaser or something.

I'll probably never figure it out, but I can tell you it's been fun trying
    • 1912 posts
    January 16, 2010 2:36 AM GMT
    I think one of the biggest myths about hormones is they will somehow change how you currently think into something more feminine. Maybe the confidence you feel about being on the right path may allow you to more freely show your emotions and other feminine traits, but the hormones themselves don't modify your thinking. If you like football now you will probably like it the same with hormones. I think the idea those not planning on living fulltime, by using hormones or herbals, will make them more feminine only when they dress is crazy. If you crossdress you will still be a guy with boobs when you are in guy mode. When you go to the hotel and want to sit by the pool, your boobs will be there with you. On that scorching hot summer day when a light shirt feels too heavy, your boobs will be with you.

And I think there is one thing I can guarantee. When in guy mode, instead of having that nice feminine feeling, you are going to have that paranoid feeling wondering if anyone can tell if you have boobs. Yep, guaranteed.

Hugs,
    Marsha

• January 16, 2010 2:47 AM GMT
    Having breasts has been a dream I've had for a long time.
    Being able to wear a bra properly and low cut dresses and blouses
    could only add to any girls femininity.
    I'm going to live full time as a woman when I retire, (a few years yet
    unfortunately) and I'm going to have breast implants done privately.

• January 16, 2010 8:58 AM GMT
    That sounds like a great plan Janis, I feel the same way and may follow you down that path as I near retirement. I don't forsee surgery in my future this late in life.

If I were in my youth during these more tolerant times, I would have begun the process in my early teens, and welcomed surgery.

I hope you have someone to share the journey with.

Cheers
    • 72 posts
    January 19, 2010 4:11 PM GMT
    I too have both male and female sides.As far as male side is concerned,i run 12kms every alternate day which even most men find impossible to do.I have determination and rigid views also.But i can be very feminine at the same time.I love to make my skin soft,wax my body,Tweeze my facial hair,apply beauty products,shape my eyebrows and ofcourse wear all feminine clothes.But i must say that i love to have my appearance more feminine than manly.As far as breasts are concerned i have small breasts naturally and i never had to use artificial one.My breasts are large enough to fit in a cup b bra.But i am too looking to enlarge them naturally.hopefully will find some way.No sight better than to watch my waxed soft body infront of a mirror.
  • April 6, 2010 3:23 AM BST
    Hi there I am Angelica Mae and I am in agreement with Lucy I am seeing a hormone Doctor and I am living full time as a woman I am on hormones and been on the 15 months about to start my 16th month this month.
    Hormones does change your body in many ways and if your not wanting to be a woman then do not do anything to enhance your breasts due to the fact that hormones change your body in many ways. When I started taking hormones I was a AA cup and 15 months later I am a B cup now. yes I am very happy with this and taking hormones is a very big step in ones life.
    • 1652 posts
    January 15, 2010 9:42 PM GMT
    My advice, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I won’t be the only one, is that if you are not planning on spending the rest of your life living as female then do not attempt to enhance your breasts. Hormones are the only way to really make your breasts fuller, but they have so many other effects on your body as well. There simply is no magic pill or cream that can enhance your breasts without the rest of your body being affected, any product that claims otherwise is a sham, and probably an expensive one.
    It’s all or nothing I’m afraid; you can’t get even a slight increase in breast tissue without seriously altering your body chemistry, which will have far-reaching effects.
    I’m not even going to start going through the consequences of living as a man with slightly female breasts, but I’d urge you to think it through some more, and consider how far you really need to go with this. Expressing your femininity is one thing, changing your body should only be considered if you intend to go full-time.
    So many implications…
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    January 16, 2010 1:35 AM GMT
    “From what I've read in the Hormone forum, many members seem to regret taking hormones...is that true?”
    No. Is it? I don’t think so. I recall one or two posts where members have reported health problems. One instance that I can think of involved a girl not under medical supervision taking way too high a dose of Spironolactone (not actually a hormone though). We’ve had several accounts of dissatisfaction with herbs (myself included – don’t do it!) but I’m not aware of any members who actually regret taking hormones “properly”.

“I'd also hate to loose my interest in fashion and desire for dressing up and applying make-up…”
    I can’t imagine any reason why taking hormones or living full-time should have any effects like that. Sounds like typical girl stuff to me. Estrogen doesn’t stop you wanting to be girly, if that’s the sort of girl you are.

Despite all the warnings, hormones when done properly, are wonderful. Personally I have no lack of energy or libido, or any moodiness. Estrogen does not cause depression. There will undoubtedly be a period of adjustment – emotions may be slightly heightened for a short time, but the proper dose of the right hormone can work wonders.
    It’s certainly not all doom and gloom in the world of hormones, it’s just a case of proceed with extreme caution.
    xx
  • September 17, 2011 5:23 PM BST

Doctor guidence is best when taking HRT, not all doctors have the same methods so its best to do your research first!

This post was edited by Former Member at September 20, 2011 10:32 AM BST
    • 134 posts
    September 25, 2011 9:37 PM BST
    I am still "half in half" but when Im in "guy mode" I make no attaempt at trying to hide my boobs. In fact I tent to wear girly clothing even in guy mode, not dresses of course but tight low rise jeans & figure gugging tops. Sure I get looks but I just stare them out! Its actually fun for me now! Christ, just look at some of the freaks ( male AND female) you see walking down any high street today! How dare anyone stare at my tits & make judgements.

I also love to go to nudey beaches on holiday! ( again these are more often populated by people who have no right to think I look weird!

Angel 

Marsha Ann said:

I think one of the biggest myths about hormones is they will somehow change how you currently think into something more feminine. Maybe the confidence you feel about being on the right path may allow you to more freely show your emotions and other feminine traits, but the hormones themselves don't modify your thinking. If you like football now you will probably like it the same with hormones. I think the idea those not planning on living fulltime, by using hormones or herbals, will make them more feminine only when they dress is crazy. If you crossdress you will still be a guy with boobs when you are in guy mode. When you go to the hotel and want to sit by the pool, your boobs will be there with you. On that scorching hot summer day when a light shirt feels too heavy, your boobs will be with you.

And I think there is one thing I can guarantee. When in guy mode, instead of having that nice feminine feeling, you are going to have that paranoid feeling wondering if anyone can tell if you have boobs. Yep, guaranteed.

Hugs,
    Marsha