where? cost?

• 430 posts
    February 16, 2004 3:47 PM GMT
    Hi girls,

just wanted to ask if anyone knows of where hormone treatment can be started in Austrlia?

I have been told that this treatment will make me impotent and that doesn't bother me one bit. The problem is I wish to be a parent one day and want a genetic link to the kid. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to freeze sperm in Australia,

Thanks,
    • 136 posts
    March 6, 2004 6:08 AM GMT
    This is just a suggestion, but your regular physician would be a very good place to start. It may feel awkward discussing these things, but this is serious stuff, and your health (reproductive, physical and mental) is your physician's job. Trust him/her.

If you don't already have a regular doctor, might I suggest that you initially find one in "family practice". My doctor is well versed in many areas, including obstetrics and gynecology. When I asked him about prescribing hormones, he said that he would support that treatment plan if I was diagnosed as transexual, however he would prefer that I see someone that has more experience in that area. He is still my primary care physician, but he works in conjunction with my other doctor(s).

Good luck in finding someone to help you.