Hair in the Heat

• 530 posts
    August 26, 2002 2:21 PM BST
    Unfortunately,skirts are confined to the officeHowever,post-op I can work there whilst convalescing,so no problemQuite a liberal (and realisic) company,Just don't upset he customers is the main rule.
    Had highlights last year,but finances now a bit low...Am thinking of trying the same at home,but have seen some strange results of home hair products-usually orange
    Love,Sue.XX
    • 195 posts
    August 25, 2002 5:32 PM BST

Actually managed to make a short ponytail today.Cool,literally.No comment at work-a bit diappointing.

I guess after the Nail polish and earrings - a pony tail is not really anything to shout about - My guess is that everyone is already expecting you to turn up in a summer dress already. Have you begun to colour your hair yet Sue
  • August 25, 2002 9:35 AM BST
    I've never really had a problem with my long hair in the heat. I suppose I'm just used to it.
    • 530 posts
    July 19, 2002 11:37 PM BST
    All mine! And no offence taken.It's the one thing I really have going for me,and at my advanced age:)
    Actually managed to make a short ponytail today.Cool,literally.No comment at work-a bit diappointing.Guess I'll now just have to go shopping for something better than an elastic band.And I just hate shopping.NOT!
    Sue.
    • 246 posts
    July 19, 2002 9:03 PM BST
    that assumes it is your own hair, which i wouldnt dream of not assuming.
    however if it isnt, find a private place and take the wig off.

no offence, no harm meant.
    • 246 posts
    July 19, 2002 7:07 PM BST
    ponytail from top of head, or just below the crown? feather the fringe?
    maybe?
    8) and wear sunglasses!

• 530 posts
    July 17, 2002 11:23 PM BST
    Not make-up or a tip,but didn't know where else to put the question.
    Now my hair has reached a respectable length and thickness,(shoulder length approximately),but not quite long enough to put 'up',can any one suggest ways of preventing my head melting in the unusually warm conditionswe are currently experiencing?
    I'd love to use some of the pretty clips available,but I feel they are a bit young.(plus work are already dubious about my technicolour nails and hoop earings! Miserable lot).
    Help!
    Hugs,Sue.XX