Chanel Lip Gloss

• December 24, 2002 5:04 PM GMT
    For the past several years, when it comes to lip color, I've worn lipstick exclusively, but I've read some good reviews about Chanel's Glossimer lip gloss, so I tried it last night. I chose the color Pulsar.

The color is rich enough to wear the gloss by itself, and it really does last. I gave it the sleep test, and it still looked good this morning (don't try that at home, unless you can sleep in makeup without ruining your pillow cases). It didn't smear too badly when drinking from a glass, either.

I love it. I still prefer the bold, solid presence of lipstick most of the time, but if I'm in a glossy mood, I now have a choice. I don't know how the other colors would look on me, but Pulsar has enough color in it to give me a polished look without appearing too made up. Being a gloss, it's still reflective and lighter than lipstick (great for a quick run to the store or any casual situation), but I was surprised at the depth of the color. I usually avoid glosses because they don't have enough color for me, or if they do, they're too messy and smear if a strong breeze hits my face. Glossimer isn't like that. It actually wears like a lipstick. The only bad thing is the price: US$24.00.

This is starting to sound like a commercial, so I'll stop now.  LOL
  • October 18, 2004 1:28 AM BST
    I haven't tried that one, but then I rarely venture outside of Chanel products. How much does it cost?
    • 1980 posts
    October 19, 2004 3:47 PM BST
    Hi Stevie and Gloria-

Thank you both so much for the tips.

Hugs, Joni
    • 2 posts
    February 28, 2005 7:13 PM GMT
    Hi Girls,
    I read an online ad awhile back about some lip gloss that suppossedly contained some chemical that promoted collagen production in your lips thus making your lips look more full. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it? This thread reminded me of it.
  • July 27, 2005 12:47 AM BST
    I've heard of it too? Any one know about it? how long does it last, etc?