MK -vs- EL

• 1980 posts
    April 13, 2004 4:01 PM BST
    Hi All-

Mary Kay versus Estee Lauder, that is. Good morning from a cloudy and looking like it's gonna rain, Central Oregon. On my days off, of course.

Anyway, enough weather updates. To the question of the day. When I was up in Seattle my first time out I got a makeover at Estee Lauder's at Nordstrom's (hereafter referred to as EL) the girl there gave me a sample bottle of some stuff called Idealist Skin Refinisher. Well, it's alomost gone and the stuff is soooo spendy, their big bottle (1.7 oz) is $72 online and around $85 in stores. Yikes! I love how it feels under makeup, though, really smoothes out your skin, makes it feel like it's been sanded, primered and readied for painting. Just like restoring an old car or piece of furniture.<LOL>

When I was talking with my wife about getting some, she suggested Mary Kay products (and yes, I do feel very lucky and very privileged to have a wife I can talk about things like my makeup with) as much less expensive and just as good. So, I guess the question is, is there anyone on the list who has used EL's Idealist and who might have an idea what the MK equivalent might be? My sampe bottle is almost gone and I'd like to find something as good, but not so expensive. Any thoughts or tips are appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hugs to everyone, Joni from Oregon