Foundation/Concealer

• 1980 posts
    November 16, 2004 6:33 PM GMT
    Hi Girls-

This was posted on another group I belong to, so I thought I might pass it along. I cannot vouch at all for how well the product works, since I haven't tried but I do intend to order the sample kit and try it out. It does seem a bit spendy at $31 per bottle but since the sample kit is only $14 for 6 different shades to try out, how can I resist? The girl who posted it said it worked extremely well for her, apparently she wore it for over 16 hours without any five o'clock shadow showing through.

I'm hoping it will help not only in the beard area but with the dark circles under my eyes as well. Once I get some in my hands (and on my face) I'll let everyone know how it works out.

And before I forget, here's the link: <http://www.colortration.com/index.htm>

If anyone else has already tried it out, maybe they could let us know how they like it?

Hugs, Joni from Oregon
  • November 17, 2004 9:15 AM GMT
    Joni,

I was looking into this product as well so would be interested to find out how you get on with it.

I have emailed then to ask for some advice on colour choice based on my current foundation and they were quick to respond and honest, which is nice to find these days. They did recommend the 6 sample tester and recommended which colours I should use in order to get the best match for my skin tone, think the secret is to blend colours rather than hope a single colour matches.

May try the tester myself and if I do I will post my findings here as well but in meantime look forward to hearing yours.

Alex
    • 1980 posts
    November 17, 2004 8:50 PM GMT
    Thank you so much, Lynne and Alexandra, well now I will certainly send off for the sample kit. And, Lynne, I appreciate you letting me know about the coverage. The bottle on the website looked kind of small, and it didn't say anywhere how much was actually in it, so I was kind of hesitant, but if the coverage is that good, then it sounds like it will be worth the price.

I have an olive complexion so I'm going to try out the ones toward the middle of the range, I'm thinking numbers 7-20. I'll certainly let everyone know how it works out for me. And thank you, Alex, for letting me know about how helpful they were, that's very reassuring.

Hugs, Joni
    • 1980 posts
    December 7, 2004 5:52 AM GMT
    Hi All-

Well, I got to try out my sample kit of Colortration foundation/concealer for four days this past week while I was up in Washington in girl mode and I liked it very much. Mainly I wound up using two different shades, #7 which was the lightest one in the samples I got and #15. The number 7 I used to highlight various areas and the number 15 was the main color. It blended nicely and did a fairly good job of concealing my moustache and beard area, but it was not absolutely perfect. I finally wound up adding a bit of some orangey goop I have from Physician's Formula and that did the trick rather nicely.

I think I will wind up buying the darker stuff and using it regularly. As someone else mentioned a little does seem to go a long ways and it does go on nicely though it's a bit thick and you have to work at it to get it to blend well.

Hugs, Joni
  • December 7, 2004 12:39 PM GMT
    Joni,

Thanks for the update and mmmm think I might have to try it as well. When I get some I'll post my reaction to it here as well.

Alex
    xxx