makeup advice needed.....please!

• 2068 posts
    August 27, 2005 9:55 PM BST
    girls....i have a BIG day comin up soon and would appreciate a little advice make-up wise. now i've been invited to a friend's wedding in 2 wks time, including the church service. i'm wondering how to do my makeup for that day and look good cos it'll be a long day. What colours would you advise me to use? This'll be the very first wedding i've been to "en-femme" and i want to look my best!

Love and xxxxxx anna-marie
    • 2068 posts
    August 28, 2005 3:18 PM BST
    Sarah & gloria....thankyou so much for your advice, which i appreciate greatly. i'll have fun putting that into practice for the big day...and NO i'm not gonna upstage the bride!

Love and xxxxxxxx anna-marie
    • 1980 posts
    August 28, 2005 5:08 PM BST
    Hi Anna-marie,

How totally fun. I certainly agree with Gloria and Sarah, the only thing I might add is if I were going I would take the sort of wedding it's going to be into account when choosing colors. If it's to be formal, like in a church or chapel, then more subdued but if it's going to be somewhat more informal, perhaps out of doors or something, then maybe a little bolder but certainly not like going out to party or anything. Don't want to upstage the bride, right?<g>

And don't forget to stand where you can catch the bouquet, a bit of elbowing and even a diving catch is permitted as long as you say excuse me and do it in a ladylike manner.<lol> Oh and be sure to toss birdseed and not rice.

Have fun, take piccies.

Hugs....Joni
    • 1195 posts
    August 29, 2005 2:14 AM BST
    Oh thank heaven - learned a lot - just in case the occasion arises.
    A word of caution - don't out do the bride. The bride's and groom's mother maybe...ha ha
    • 2068 posts
    August 31, 2005 11:20 AM BST
    thanks for the advice sarah.I tried it last night with 2 different browns and it worked GREAT!!.

One question though hun, concealer...before or after foundation?

Love and xxxx anna-marie
    • 1980 posts
    August 31, 2005 9:35 PM BST
    Hi Anna-marie,

And any other girls who might find this link useful. Please disregard the display of ahem nekkid bosoms, it is actually a very useful site. Ackchually if I had a pair like that I'd probably show them off, too. Tastefully, of course.

http://www.asiacarrera.co[...]me.html

Hugs...Joni