TW Face to Face Makeup Thread

• 1980 posts
    September 5, 2005 6:17 PM BST
    Hi Girls-

This is something Sarah and I were talking about here on the Make-up Tips Forum, it started out as a thread about eye makeup.

I belong to a Yahoo group called MAC_Cosmetics which is a group for fans of MAC makeup. (Just as an aside, it's mostly g-girls, but there are a couple of us t-girls there also and they have been very, very nice and accepting of us.) One of the things they do is what they call the FOTD which stands for Face of the Day. Girls just post pix of themselves with different looks. It's really sort of inspiring since some of the looks are way out there and out of the ordinary. It's not a competition or anything like that just girls having fun with makeup and trying different things. Some of the looks are wild and outrageous and some are ones you could wear out anywhere like work or school.

So I thought it might be fun to do something like that here on TW on the Makeup Forum. Yes, it would involve close-ups, something a lot of us aren't real comfortable with, yours truly very much included also. But it's just us girls and we're all friends and here to help each other, right? Right? Right! And of course everyone on TW who uses makeup is welcome, t-girl or g-girl.

The only rule would be that it be of you and you have to say how it was done, what was used, naming names of the product and what specific color and so on, so if someone wanted to duplicate it they could.

So here's the official launch of the TW Face to Face Makeup Thread. I really hope we have some participation, it is all for fun and to help each other with ideas and tips and tricks and is most emphatically not a competition in any way. I personally will not be able to post anything for a couple of days but I will definitely do it as soon as I can. If anyone else wants to be first out on the dance floor...well, the band is playing, please feel free.<g>

And if anyone else has any ideas for making this work, Sarah and I would appreciate it or if you have a catchier name for it that would be good, too.

Hugs...Joni

PS This was also posted in the General Forum
  • September 5, 2005 10:25 PM BST
    Right I'll stick my neck (or my face) out and go first .. This is my "daytime look", but for night I just double the quantities ..!!

Foundation .. I used Kryolan (shade 1W) as a base concealer over the "blue" beard areas (from tgcosmetics.co.uk) and then all over I used Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation (shade 101 Beige)

Topped with a dusting of Beauty Without Cruelty Translucent pressed powder (shade Medium) but I recently changed to Rimmel Stay Matte powder (Champagne) seems to have better staying power. [Sorry to all the kittens and rabbits]

Eyes: Boots Natural Collection Duo Eyes (plum/blossom), lined with Rimmel Special eyes (shade "Black Magic" from Boots on-line) and Mascara BarryM ("Jet Black" again from TG cosmetics), but I sometimes use the Maybelline XXL it's a two pack thing; lengthen with the white then colour with the black but you have to be careful or you look like a clown, lashes can be too long (.. or not, discuss)

Lips lined with No7 Perfect Lips pencil (Boots again shade 30 "Caramel") and filled with Clinique "baby kiss" over "berry frieze" lip colour, in a little pot applied with a brush not a lipstick, using the lighter shade over the darker one, powdered and blotted between the two.

Blusher No7 (Boots "Soft Apricot")

Hair from Jenny's hair sense - (eBay shop)

Bones and skin from my parents Gene Pool, bless 'em, I'd be knackered without 'em.

OK it's not a dramatic look but it's passably ordinary which is what I'm after.

C xxx
    • 2627 posts
    September 5, 2005 11:29 PM BST
    I think you do a fair job of it. Don't realy know how thick your beard is. So not sure how much your concealing.
    Well guess I go get more goop. I want to take a stab at this.
    If nothing else you can tell me where I need the most help.
    Do not say mental.
    • 1195 posts
    September 6, 2005 2:14 AM BST
    Cerys - as a portrait painter I think you did a great job.
    For daylight wear you don't want to look "made up"
    You could make your bottom lip a little bigger. You have fantastic bone structure, and you have high-lighted it nicely.
    When can you sit for me?
    lolxxx
    Mary Grace
    • 1980 posts
    September 6, 2005 5:30 AM BST
    Thank you, Cerys, you do a great job. And thank you so much for being first out on the dance floor [usually I'm the first one passed out on the floor<G>]. And while it may not be strictly makeup, it is part of your look, so may I say I love your hair. So pretty.

And thanks for listing what you used.

Hugs...Joni
    • 22 posts
    September 26, 2005 6:20 PM BST
    I use factor face finity for foundation ,or rimmel 1000 caresses.both are good .they darken slightly after you put them on . I sell makeup at car boots ,but also do a tranny service by post ,so if anyone wants info I be glad to help. I stress I am not really profit making to trannies , it's a service ,but have to cover my costs. When i have more time Ill do my eye make up description too .