Need Help With Nailpolish

• 2627 posts
    October 2, 2006 7:01 PM BST
    Ok I got my nails all nice & filed. Painted them a realy cool shade of red.
    But now I need to run to the store so I want to remove the polish. My jar of remover is as dry as sand.

How do I get it off with out scraping or trying to chip it off?

I'm hoping some of you girls that have been doing this longer than me can help. Please
    • 1083 posts
    October 2, 2006 7:27 PM BST
    Hi--

Short of using paint remover or acetone, have you tried heating them with a hair dryer or really hot (110 deg F) water, then flaking it off? Sometimes that will work.

Sometimes not.

Luv, hugs and luck--

Mina
    • 2573 posts
    October 3, 2006 4:44 AM BST
    Karen,

Nail polish remover is really cheap. Buy two or three containers. I get them for about a dollar each. Leave one sealed and it will be full when your other runs dry. Put a piece of plastic food wrap over the top of an open bottle before you screw on the cap and it should seal. (It's a backpacker trick for carrying liquids that are open) I've found the redundancy approach has stood me in good stead over the years. My purse/bag always had small containers with vaseline, acetone and baby wipes for removing my "paint" in case of a breakdown or being blocked from returning to my "safe zone".

In a pinch, wear gloves. You might get strange looks but tell em you have an allergic reaction and have medication on your hands.

cover the red with a couple coats of a beige color polish. it wont be as noticable as the red.

• 2627 posts
    October 3, 2006 2:16 PM BST
    I had to run my erronds so I went to K-Mart with red nails & bought remover. Other than the big smile I got from cashier I got no reaction.
    But as you said Wendy, I will allways have a back up.