Just starting to show

• July 12, 2004 8:20 PM BST
    Been on hormones now for 7 months and I have seen a little breast developement. My band measurement is a 36" and my chest measurement is slightly larger than 41" which I think is a AA cup size. My breast don't protude out that much expect for my nipples.
    Seems that my nipples have grown and my areola are now cone shaped which pushes my nipples even further out. If I wear a T shirt they are very noticable and a secretary at work (I have not come out yet) even asked me if I thought the air conditioning was too cold. I didn't put it together until later.
    I just seem to be getting more self conscious about my breasts.
    I know they are small still but in my mind they seem so much bigger. I know there are men with larger breasts than me and can get away with it because their nipples and areolas are flat.
    The way my nipples extend and the way my areolas are coned shaped
    there is no way to mistake them for male breasts in my mind at least.
    Anyway they are still tender and Im enjoying the process but wqas just wondering if any one else went through this

• 1198 posts
    July 12, 2004 8:41 PM BST
    Hi Sandi
    yeah hun i have the same problem, like you i am very concious when i am wearing a t-shirt. I keep looking at myself and think my breast's are bigger than they actually are. Treat it like a spot the more you leave it the bigger it gets, except this is far nicer than a spot.....love JJ xx
  • July 13, 2004 5:23 AM BST
    Well...counted from that, my final size would be at least C, having been "full speed" about a year and having now B-size.
    To my breast development helped though another drug before my transitioning: Zoloft. It is prescribed against depression, but it can cause breast development. In my case it did, and guess if THAT made my depression disappear .

Laura
  • July 19, 2004 11:34 AM BST
    Girls,

I'm pleased the hormones are working for you.

I'm not transitioning, but I do have gynecomastia. It has steadily been getting worse (better!) as I've been getting older (now 38). Before I joined the support scene I was over eating drinking etc, so they didn't look out of place on a fat guy.
    But now having lost about 35lbs, they do stand out a bit (beyound a AA, but not a full A yet)

My advise would be until you are ready to come out, start wearing larger sized shirts, they are more forgiving than t-shirts. If you start to 'bounce' which I do, then move on to vest. I wear ladies vests with a so called secret support panel, that supports my boobs. I buy them 'small' so they fit tightly and therefore flatten the chest a little. You can find them in a sporty style with wide straps, so under a shirt they just look like a bloke's vest.

Of couse when you overtake me, then perhaps it'll be time to come out.

• July 22, 2004 9:21 PM BST
    dear sandi hi my name is phylis anne and i have been taking a pill called gro breast iget it at a vitamin shop in long island new york and i have been on it for two months now .my breasts are just starting to show a little and when i wear my bra size 36c without my forms i feel a little more fullness in side the cups,love phylis anne
  • July 28, 2004 11:37 AM BST
    The result after 18 months.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    July 28, 2004 11:51 AM BST
    Laura
    that makes me feel inadiquat, that is the size after 18months wow.Is that a recent picture?........love JJ xx
  • July 28, 2004 12:05 PM BST
    Yes, took it last sunday as I washed my bra....

I started my HRT in November 2002, the first 6 months on half speed, then from May 2003 with full speed ahead. Full speed = 6mg estradiol + 100mg spironolactone or 50mg cyproterone acetate.

Laura

• 1198 posts
    July 28, 2004 12:12 PM BST
    I'm on 2.5mg of estradiol at the moment and like i said before in the thread i am showing pretty well at the moment, that is quiet a fast speed for your breast to develope in that amount of time!!!...........love JJ xx
  • July 28, 2004 12:20 PM BST
    Actually I´m surprised myself. Positively . Other ts girls use all kinds of pads in their bra and they don´t believe me when I say I need nothing extra there.
    I started to use a bra only a year ago. And then I started right away with a B-cup bra. The cups were not quite full then...but now they are.

Laura
  • July 28, 2004 6:05 PM BST
    Laura that really is amazing development, I wish I will be that lucky. Right now Im almost an A cup and hopefully still growing.
    Right now I have a 36B underwire bra that does give me cleavage but the cups have a lot of room left in them.
    If you want to see my pics they are at:

http://www.geocities.com/[...]7T.html
  • September 18, 2004 8:21 AM BST
    Sandra can give you a better answer, but I can say that some of the development may stay permanently. If the HRT is a short one, MOST of the development will reduce itself.
    But why to play with your health, if you are not transitioning? I would not do that if I would want to stay male. Really.

Laura