Taking Hormones

• August 1, 2004 2:43 AM BST
    Sorry I've been away for awhile, but 3 weeks ago I went to the hospital for what I thought was a heart attack. Turned out to be what the call a baby (minor) stroke or TIA (trans semic attack).At first they,the doctors, thought it was due to stress, and when they found out I was taking Estrofem,it kinda changed they're minds.It might have been a blood clot forming in my left arm. I'm still have some test to do.
    My GP said I can't take the Estrofem, although, I might be able to take the Aldactone. He admitted he's not up on the MTF needs more time to study. My psych says: wait for the test results. So now I wait. and I've been a little hard on myself,I find myself wondering, I've waited 30+ yrs to do this and now??
    Oh yes, My symptons where, tight squessing in my left bicep,confusion,dizziness,and some slurred speech.
    So, if anyone has had a similar experience or knows about other hormones, I would glady appriciate the info.
    Lisa
  • November 5, 2004 12:59 AM GMT
    Okay, I have been away for awhile. So the last 3 months have been trumatic. After all the test, the doctors couldn't find anything, just blamed it on stress. I've moved to another apartment,glad to be by myself. Lost my job and I guess the worst was, a very near& dear friend of mine was killed in a auto accident. She understood me, and she helped me with makeup, walk and just trying to be a little more feminine. I will miss her. Well, I guess all this caught up with me, last month I had real bad chest pain. Rushed to hospital, found a blockage in my left ventrical. a little nonevasive surgery seemed to work,so far, still no hormones yet. May have to wait till end of year, which is ok finacially. I'm still trying to think positive!
    Laura, was reading your post. Glad to see your surgery went well. You must be thrilled!
    thanks, Lisa
  • November 5, 2004 5:46 AM GMT
    Oh thanks Lisa

I started actually my hormones already in the hospital, because my problem was more bleeding than clotting. But I had also aspirine with me, that is a good hint from Sandra. I was a bit afraid of the long flight back home (the longest part was Bangkok - Copenhagen 11,5 hours), but I kept rising up and visited the toilet 4 - 5 times in order just to move a bit.
    Now the surgery is already over 4 weeks behind and I start to feel more or less normal down there .

Laura