Privilege or Curse???

• April 11, 2012 11:07 PM BST
    I wonder how many of us who are trans, have ever thought that they were privileged to have had this experience. Yes, I know we would have all preferred to have been born properly, but I still think it has been a blessing in an odd sort of way at times
  • April 12, 2012 3:11 PM BST
    Never felt privileged, cursed at times, but the older I got the more I settled into a normal natural contented slot, miss having my own kids tho.
    • 434 posts
    April 12, 2012 8:51 PM BST
    Yes Carol, I feel it is a blessing as well. It seems that, the older we get (especially after going full time), the more we appreciate what we have.
    It's our special little happiness
    • 21 posts
    April 12, 2012 11:22 PM BST
    I feel privileged for the opportunity to live the latter years of life in a much happier mental state of mind living full time female than i did in my formative years as a male in so much that i thought i had left it to late to transition.I feel priviileged that i have legal rights and protection that made life easier as i began my transition.I pay tribute to those of you who transitioned at a time when legal rights were sparse and all the prejudices that went with transitioning.I fell privileged that because of the hard work and campaigning for legal and social recognition life is a lot easier now.