Unconditional Love

• May 13, 2012 10:24 AM BST

Taken from a close friend's Facebook status:-

Transgender Life Livvy James:
    Mothers Day plea.
    Okay so we reach nearly four thousand folk weekly some weeks a little less :o( we are going to assume and Hope and Pray rightly or wrongly that within this reach there are Moms and Grandmothers and Children who have found this page by trying to help themselves come to terms with a relationship shift with their Children or Grandchildren or Mom when finding out they are Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or any shape or form that doesn't fit their mould for whatever reason.
    This will be an emotive day for the rejected so I will be stepping off my soap box of 'tough love' and I will be kneeling before you.
    Herein begins the plea; please, please reflect upon your relationship turned sour at something that was not a choice. Please, please, step outside yourself and your own feelings for a moment and see through your rejected ones eyes.
    Please, please, know that its never to late to say "you know what - so what - it's more important I realise that love is unconditional". Please, please remember your Mother or Child or Grandchild did not choose to be born this way.
    Please, please, stop the rejection and do the right and loving thing. For many there is still time, time to love and slowly rebuild a bridge
    Please, please, today lay some foundations. There are hearts breaking today and God only knows what else could happen today. Don't regret the change you could have made, don't spend the day wishing you would do something only to do nothing.
    Please, please, be the difference to the loved one you rejected today.

I won't lay blame, I won't say you should never have done it in the first place, I won't, I am on my knees just praying that today even if one Mom, Grandmother or child picks up the phone it will incredible. Be incredible. Please. A Mom of a Transgender little girl who needs her Mom xxxxx

This post was edited by Former Member at May 13, 2012 10:27 AM BST
  • May 13, 2012 10:29 AM BST
    If only all mothers could accept and give the unconditional love and support that this mother gives, the world would be a far better place