Rapid effects on hormones

• July 18, 2012 4:34 PM BST

Hi all firstly im not complaining but i have only only been on prescribed hormones since the 6th of july 2012 but in that short space of time my body seems to have gone into overdrive and am seeing results i was told would take months. Just a side point but could be relevent i do have what is considered a intersex condition (klienfielters) and as a result i had a very long and delayed puberty infact i never fully underwent it, i devloped gynomastia at 13 and even when i was 2 stone underweight i still could never wear tight t-shirts due to my breasts. My blood test (pre hormones)was more in the female range than male, and i did take black cosh for a while (although it did nothing).

But since starting on the hormones my muscles have all but disapeared (was never huge but had defination) my skin is much softer, i moved my aircon unit into my living room 3 weeks ago now i cant even lift it, my breasts have got much larger and my hips and bum are clearly visable.

Like i say im not complaining but i know that these sorts of changes should not be this rapid my mum came up last night and even she said omg you said it would be slow ,lol all she is worried  about is that she will have to tell my little brother earlier than she wanted too. Has anyone else experianced similer in a short space of time? For me its good as i have always said i will not go fulltime untill my body looks that little bit more fem which means that i can go full time quicker than i thought.

I am on the estrodil 100 patch not on any t-blockers as my t is very low anyway. 

• 1652 posts
    July 19, 2012 1:32 PM BST
    So, 12 days then...
    If you're Kleinfelters and already had gynecomastia because of it, it probably wouldn't be surprising to see more rapid results. Keep regular measurements, take before and after photos, but don't fret about it all. Having numbers and figures can be reassuring to those who don't think they are "growing" enough, or to those who think that their growth is more than "normal". There is no normal, we are all different. You say your breasts have got "much larger", but only you know how much.
    All this is supposed to happen sooner or later though; Estradiol is a very effective drug!
    xx
    This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at July 19, 2012 1:33 PM BST
  • July 19, 2012 1:48 PM BST
    Hi yea you pretty much said what i was thinking, just a bit taken back at how quick things have started to change for me, very very pleased about it, i have not taken any before measurements but would be a good idea to track my progress. in that way, I have taken pictures every day from the same postion and angles and is actually a good visual record to look back over. I did think because of my medical history that the effects would prob happen more quickly. Like i say not complaining was just more curious as to if anyone had experianced similer i dont know anyone else who is/has transitioned so hence my post.xx thanks for your reply.xx
    • 1652 posts
    July 19, 2012 3:30 PM BST
    I know there are other girls with intersex conditions on this site so I hope they will post their experiences too.
    Good luck Stevie.
    xx
  • July 20, 2012 5:36 PM BST
    thanxs.xx