Torquay T-Girls Weekend (September 2013)

• June 3, 2013 10:07 AM BST

OK Ladies, the weekend has now been finalised as the 2nd weekend in September (starting Friday 13th September until either Sunday 15th/Monday 16th September) although if you wish to spend a whole weekend 'en femme' extend it to the week before or week afterwards.
    Please add you name below - AFTER YOU HAVE BOOKED AND PAID YOUR DEPOSIT, then I can add it to the list of confirmed bookings.  We cannot afford to let the hotel down like many people did last time round, it was totally unfair on Robert who runs the hotel and makes everybody welcome in his establishment.

The hotel is the Cliff House Hotel, St. Marks Road, Torquay (http://www.cliffhousehotel.co.uk)

Once you have booked with the Cliff House Hotel (Telephone 01803 29 46 56 or Email: [email protected] ask to speak to Robert and mention you will be part of the Gender Society T-Girls in Torquay weekend) please put your name down in a message below as having booked.  There are a small number of single and double bedded rooms, the rest are twin-bedded rooms.

This post was edited by Former Member at June 8, 2013 3:09 PM BST
  • June 3, 2013 10:13 AM BST

Definitely Attending      Willing to Share      Booked      Sharing with      Dates Booked

Rosie                    N           Y       Nobody     12-14th Sept
    Roslyn                   N           Y       Nobody      8-15th Sept
    Karen G                  N           Y       Nobody     12-15th Sept
    Hannah Peace             Y           Y       Monique    13-15th Sept
    Monique Harding          Y           Y       Hannah P.  13-15th Sept
    Elle                     Y           Y       Emma       13-14th Sept
    Emma                     Y           Y       Elle       13-14th Sept
    Rose Cox                 Y           Y       Faye M     13-14th Sept
    Faye McMorrow            Y           Y       Rose Cox   13-14th Sept
    Tina Rogers              Y           Y         TBD      13-16th Sept
    Surprise Mystery Guest   ?           Y          ?       12-16th Sept
                                       =====     
    Total                                11 

Interested but not yet booked/confirmed:
    Stephenie May
    Sophie Petersen

This post was edited by Former Member at August 23, 2013 9:08 PM BST
    • 214 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:29 PM BST

Thank you Carol ---- hope we get a full house this time

• June 8, 2013 2:47 PM BST

Karen G has also booked - just need a drinking companion for her now LOL

This post was edited by Former Member at June 8, 2013 2:48 PM BST
    • 48 posts
    June 9, 2013 8:50 PM BST
    Hi Carol, Elle and I have booked with Robert for 13th and 14th. Really looking forward to meeting you and the other girls. It will be just what the doctor (quite literally) ordered! Xx
  • June 9, 2013 9:05 PM BST

Great news Emma - I am looking forward to meeting you both xxx

• 15 posts
    June 9, 2013 10:44 PM BST

I'm booked 8th to 15th.

• June 10, 2013 8:55 PM BST

Katie Glover has very kindly offered to help with a small amount of sponsorship money for this event.  If we take her up on this amazingly generous offer, what would you like it to be spent on??  Suggestions welcome.

1. Makeup demonstration
    2. Voice tuition
    3. Fashion advice
    4. Other - all suggestions welcomed
    5. Advice on wigs etc

This post was edited by Former Member at June 10, 2013 8:56 PM BST
    • 214 posts
    June 10, 2013 9:32 PM BST

That is awfully good of Katie (thanks Katie xx) I think that there is plenty of advice on wigs already Carol -- so I vote for make up demo -- pmsl

• 48 posts
    June 10, 2013 10:27 PM BST
    I agree, it is a very nice gesture. I am tempted to say "everything", which is not very helpful I know. So, voice tuition for me ( then you can all say "she really does need make up/fashion/wig help...." :-)
    • 71 posts
    June 11, 2013 6:37 AM BST
    Thanks to Katie!! What a lovely gesture.
  • June 18, 2013 6:51 PM BST

Cant make this 1, as will be in new york that weekend. these torquay weekends starting to become a quarterly thing!?

Chrissy x

• June 18, 2013 7:01 PM BST

No, Chrissy, twice a year, Debbie couldn't drink that much FOUR times year (lol)

• June 18, 2013 7:33 PM BST
    Carol Uren (Site Moderator) said:

No, Chrissy, twice a year, Debbie couldn't drink that much FOUR times year (lol)

Awww, nah bet she could! guess next 1 will be march-june sometime, i think a few trips to pink punters are in order in the mean time!

x

• 41 posts
    July 30, 2013 5:40 PM BST

hi see you taken me off  the list Carol,just as well i suppose don't think i can afford it anyway , but would love to have come .Hope you all have fun will miss seeing you all .

• July 30, 2013 6:04 PM BST

Yes, when we spoke in the Chat Room the other night you said that you would not be able to afford it this time round Jacqui so I removed both you and Janey from the waiting list as there are only a few places left now and people might have assumed that there was no chance of them getting a place if the waiting list for places was too long.

Hopefully things will have improved for you by next year and maybe you will be able to join us for another one xx

• 214 posts
    July 30, 2013 9:22 PM BST

It's an awfull shame you cant come jacqui, but I to hope things pick up for you and you can come next time , -- we do miss being OI' d at"

Hugs

Rosie xxxx

• August 3, 2013 4:55 PM BST

Final Call to anybody who wants a fabulous weekend en-femme

I went round to see Robert (the hotel manager at the Cliff House Hotel) this afternoon to work out room arrangements and they have the following rooms left:-
    2 rooms with double bed
    1 room with twin beds

So just 4 spaces left (assuming two people share the twin bedded room).  These rooms will also be let out to ordinary guests on a first come first served basis.  So if you have been dithering or wondering if you could be brave enough, then you need to book quickly to avoid disappointment.

Don't be shy, come and join us, we have had two previous events now and everybody thoroughly enjoyed themselves here in Torquay, with many people booking on several occasions.

• 71 posts
    September 8, 2013 10:08 AM BST
    Me and Em are really looking forward to it.. Countdown begins!!! Getting bags packed and outfits organised! Well, Em is... I am less organised!!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Xxxxx
    • 48 posts
    September 8, 2013 9:03 PM BST
    Me, organised? Nice opportunity to glam up a bit rather than trying to blend into the background ha ha. Can't wait. Xx
    • 15 posts
    September 9, 2013 2:44 PM BST

I am here in Torquay already. Arrived yesterday (Sunday) in time for the Riviera Pride Garden Party. Met and got talking to the lovely ladies of the Red Hat Society and have been invited to join them for one of their gatherings tonight (Monday). Bought a Red Hat today specially.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the weekend (Thursday in Rosie's case).

Roslyn xx

• 214 posts
    September 9, 2013 6:13 PM BST

sounds as if you have been raiding M&S again roslyn, -- I passed ttwo M&S trucks on the m5 --- they must have heard you were coming  so stocking up lol,---- see you on Thursday xx

• September 15, 2013 12:53 PM BST

The happy September 2013 group

• 71 posts
    September 15, 2013 8:05 PM BST
    What a gorgeous lot!!! I had a fab time meeting all of you girls! Really brilliant time and the best Sunday lunch I've had since Emma cooked the last one! Hee Hee.
    Sorry I never really got to say bye Rosalyn...
    Party on Karen and Monique..... !!!!
    Xxx
  • September 16, 2013 1:45 AM BST

They did Elle - all day and all night - no doubt until chucking out time, I left at around 11pm as I was done by then.  I thought Diet Coke  was supposed to make you thinner - don't believe it folks, it doesn't lol

Was lovely to finally meet up with you and Emma (Hi Emma), hope it was an uneventful trip back up the motorway and Emma gave you enough 'comfort' breaks on the journey.

By the way Emma, I think Elle dropped a rather large hint to you in the above message lol

Carol xxx

• 48 posts
    September 16, 2013 7:55 AM BST
    Ha ha Carol, Elle know full well that I do most of the cooking. She is officially in charge of curries ( and map reading) as I can't do either very well! It was a lovely weekend, and really great to meet lots of girls we have only known online. You did a great job organising everything, and I would really encourage anyone to go next time, especially if they are just starting to venture out. The way you structured everything between the Meadfoot and the hotel, makes it very easy for those developing their confidence. We really hope we can make next time, but will hopefully catch up with you I between times. Xx
    • 71 posts
    September 16, 2013 6:05 PM BST
    Hey Carol, I managed the whole journey with no stops... Was a bit dehydrated I guess. Wonder why? Couldn't have been from alcohol... Ha ha ha.
    Yes, a big thanks from me too for all the organising you did. It was fab. I felt quite sad to be going home!
    Anyway, it'll soon be Sunday .... Hint hint Em xxx
  • September 17, 2013 12:41 AM BST

I popped into the pub on my way to Samaritan's this evening - just to check that Karen and Mon weren't still there LOL (actually I had to drop a memory card in to Richard of the Pride photographs for the video displays that they do) and I was relieved to find that they had eventually gone home - sometime on Monday morning I was told LOL.

I have a wonderful photo of Rosie though, but I'd better not post it here otherwise she will kill me next time she sees me.  Mind you, maybe I should auction it here instead - all offers from Rosie will be rejected though LOL

Carol xx

• September 17, 2013 3:03 PM BST

Hi girls....Carol Monique and I were hiding in the seller drinking the pub dry.....LOL

Joking aside, just in the door, journey was fine after an overnight stay in Warrington, a little rain now and then but not bad.

So another Torq weekend over, great to meet new and seasoned campaigners. A big thank you to all for making another weekend a great success.

It's a pity more girls could not make it, this is a great opportunity for many who are unable to venture out as fem, the whole weekend is so relaxing and you are well looked after by everyone. I hope to see you all soon, XXXXX

Karen G

This post was edited by Former Member at September 17, 2013 3:05 PM BST
  • September 17, 2013 4:25 PM BST

........ and there was I thinking that you had drunk it dry before you even reached the cellar Karen LOL

It was lovely to see you there again, thank you for making the 1000 mile round trip to be with us once again.

Carol xxx

• September 18, 2013 9:20 PM BST

looks like you all had another good weekend, i hope to make the next 1 xxx

• 214 posts
    September 24, 2013 9:28 PM BST

Hi Girls,

once again a wonderful week end, thanks to carol and robert.  As many of you know carol is stepping down from organising the next weekend due to other comitments.  and has somehow managed to pass the job to me (not sure how she did that lol)

So I will be posting details of the next one  in the next week or two, all I can say at the moment is that due to the 2 bank holidays next may the only week end that the hotel can let us have is the 9th 10th and 11th of may, the format will be much the same, and as I dont go to the club Mon has kindly agreed to run that trip. So ladies make a note in your diary's and watch this space .

Rosie xx 

• 214 posts
    September 24, 2013 9:33 PM BST

By the way girls if Carol dares to post the photo of me she talkes about I will revert to the grey wig -- then kill her-- or better still make her wear it -- lol

This post was edited by rosie Bush at September 24, 2013 9:34 PM BST
  • September 25, 2013 9:53 PM BST

You should know better than to dare me Rosie lol - hang on folks, all will be revealed here shortly Tongue out