HRT effect on vision

• 1 posts
    July 31, 2014 11:54 PM BST

Did you notice your vision improve (from far away or reading closeup)  since taking estrogen or HRT?  

• 146 posts
    August 1, 2014 10:35 AM BST

Interesting, For me I have been short sighted most of life , started wearing glasses when 17 becuase I could not read the Black board , now 53  I wear varifocals , and been on HRT for 2 years or so . I think there are   just way too many factors involved , -a case of Maybe -may not .

If your sight is already changing with Age ,   Will yopu really be able to say if HRT is  affecting this ?

HRT  effects take time and varies with individuals 

The main effect of HRT for me is I  feel better within myself and so I get less annoyed and Angsty about these things . A lot less Picky , more accomodating . I have a much better Vision of my life and that of those around me in comparison to pre-transition.

There is Physical Vision of course and at face value this is your question, but many Transgendered have a far more fundamental concern with the distorted Vision of life that we are pre disposed to have.

Donna,

• 1652 posts
    August 4, 2014 10:12 AM BST
    People seem to want and/or expect all sorts of things from estrogen...
    I haven't noticed my sight improve. I recall reading that estrogen may possibly accelerate deteriation of vision, if only slightly.
    xx