Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Are you fed up with the lies on beauty products?.

Are you fed up with the lies on beauty products?.

Tags : None
  • There was a time when I used to waste so much money on beauty products that just tell outright lies. The company's that make these products can and do make false statements on packaging. They know once you have opened it and it fails to do as it says on the pack you are stuffed.

No worries I am hereSmile. I have to face thousands of people daily and I do try to look my best. At the age of 57 which I am now I get by fine but I now try before I buy. I go to different beauty counters and ask for samples "Free samples" . Some are full size and some are half size but at least they are free so if they fail then it has cost me nothing but my time , and its fun anyway. So to bring this forum "Make up tips" Back to life I am going to review a new product every week I am a member here.

I try to use minimal make up but I do need it to stay there all day , I cannot be arsed to keep touching it up. So this week I discovered a new product that works out to be 75% cheaper than the one I have been using for years now and it works.

Revlon have come up with PHOTOREADY PRIME + ANTI SHINE . But it does more than that , it minimise's your pores which is why I chose it. It is clear and you just use it as a primer , it can be used on its own with no foundation or under it or over it. I used it today for the first time as a primer then used an invisible powder brushed over it and it works on me. My skin type is normal (unlike the rest of me) but it says it suits all skin types.

So there you go my first review and it is on offer in most places as it is new. I bet you can't wait till next weekSmile.

Take care xx

PS: Revlon! If you need to know where to send my commission just askSmile . Was that a Yellow Elephant just walked past my window? . No it was not but , there is more chance of that than me getting commission from Revlon.

February 1, 2015 7:17 PM GMT
  • You must always use a moisturizer prior to applying makeup and also after washing it off if you want your skin to remain healthy and fresh...using it pre-makeup also allows for easier removal with minimal damage to the skin.  Any product that will close or shrink your pores is a good thing!  Will look at the Revlon product...thnx Julia!!!  xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
      February 1, 2015 9:31 PM GMT
  • Great idea Julie - but we need photographic evidenceSmile

February 2, 2015 10:16 AM GMT
  • Amanda! You mean you want to see before and after pics "Of me? , .

I don't mind you know I am bonkersSmile xxx

February 2, 2015 1:59 PM GMT
  • I 'discovered' Bare Minerals' a few years ago and have never looked back. It's not the cheapest but it looks very natural and stays there all day. I do always use a moisteriser of course as it gives the make up something to bind to, and yes, as Traci says, it's easier to remove as well so it doesn't clog your pores. I will usually use a small amount of foundation stick underneath the powder if I feel I need a little more coverage. i.e. to hide my flaws! 

It's great when you find a product that works for you. I might have to check that one out, it seems amazingly cheap! 

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 16, 2015 5:56 PM GMT