Meet Our Cast!

• 6 posts
    July 6, 2015 7:38 PM BST

As a follow up to my invitation to attend our new play Death of the Persian Prince, I wanted to invite everyone to watch these videos to meet our talented cast -- including our lead actress Pooya, who is a transgendered Iranian woman -- smart, beautiful, and so wonderful in the show.  Hope you all can come see her in the role! The video playlist will be updated with more interviews (including one specifically with Pooya), so check back often.

https://youtu.be/Qcp0S5IoCtA?list=PLU28_yktFYjzYl2ZsmtbyhRvAE-hMtA9I

Love and light to all!

Dewey

• 9 posts
    July 7, 2015 3:46 AM BST
    Wow, I really liked the clip. Pooya seems cool. They all do!
    • 6 posts
    July 7, 2015 4:05 PM BST

Hi, John!  They are all wonderfully talented and supportive -- and Pooya is really cool.  She's been through a lot considering, adding being Iranian to everything else one goes through when transitioning, but she's come out all the better for it. I'm lucky to have such great actors in the play, and such great new friends.

• 9 posts
    July 7, 2015 6:05 PM BST
    It is your play? That is really interesting! So, you must be in theater? How long will the play run? Maybe, I should go see it?
    • 6 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:08 PM BST

It is indeed my play. I've been in show biz most of my life, on broadway, off b'way, etc. etc. A few years back I decided to focus my work on teaching acting/voice to those pursuing the biz, then start writing/directing.  Most of what I write is LGBT focused in some way or another. My other "baby" right now is called The Crusade of Connor Stephens, which we're trying to get funds together to take for an off-b'way run.  Also a LGBT play dealing with gay parents/gun violence/religion.  www.thecrusadeofconnorstephens.com

So, since Persian Prince with Pooya is in a festival, it's a very short run -- just the three performances (we actually just got a fourth performance awarded to us based on interest and ticket sales, but that hasn't been announced yet!)  Performance dates and tickets are at www.deathofthepersianprince.com 

But of course what we're hoping is that some industry people will attend and want to license the show in other areas as well.  That's always the goal!!! But for me, it's also a bigger issue -- to try to continue education for and about all of us in the LGBT community.