New Research on Trans Representation in the UK Media

• 1 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:21 AM BST

Hi there!Hope you’re well.

I’m getting in touch on behalf of a group of people working on a new trans representation in the media survey built on the 2010 Trans Media Watch survey 'How Transgender People Experience the Media' as attached.

Along with Jennie Kermode, author of the previous survey, All About Trans has been working with Sarah Lennox, Josephine Shaw and me on an updated survey, seeing what has changed in 7 years. What impact does the media have on trans people’s lives today? How can trans advocacy organisations make a difference?

We’re asking trans* and gender questioning adults – 18 years plus – to take the survey. Open only until Monday 31st July, the anonymous survey takes a little time to complete, but is an excellent opportunity to express how the media might affect you or your family. Findings will be shared in September.

The survey is linked here: https://kclbs.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3WMbgv6RJwjTsgd

We would be very grateful if you could help filling this survey. Would you also be happy to share this with your wider network, please? We’d certainly appreciate your support here.

We are doing follow-up interviews as well. If you are interested, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me ([email protected]). Any questions or concerns regarding the survey are very welcome! Thanks so much in advance!

All the best,

Qiuling

Masters student at King's College London.

*‘Trans’ is used here as an umbrella term for the broad spectrum of people who feel they are gender variant in some way, including but not limited to transsexual, transgender, non-binary and gender queer people.