Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 10, 2017 10:56 PM GMT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        212 0

Here's a poser.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4882764/miranda-yardley-comment-gender-nuetral-changing-rooms-topshop-topman/

MIRANDA YARDLEY

Gender-neutral changing rooms aren’t safe — they just appease the trans lobby who won’t accept you if don’t conform to their views,

One needs to read the complete article, different newspapers give a different slant on things.

Cristine Shye

I worry that and quote 

''Equalities minister Justine Greening wants to change the Gender Recognition Act 2004 so that any person can change their gender by declaring it''

Will we get so much resentment and negativity, pushing the boundaries, we allready have recognition and rights in law, will none trans people take advantage of choosing a facilty for devious purposes ., when we go  to try on clothes, find tell tale stains on garments? I understand gender being fluid for some which does complicate things,  I am concerned that if they do away totally with medical supervision and a basis of gender change being permanent,    DVLA, Medical Centres,   Passport Office other authorities will be inundated with change and change back scenario's on a daily basis.    Imprisoned personel will spend all their time swopping jails,   The UK while not perfect regarding its Gender recognition Act, it is probably the best in the world.

This post was edited by Cristine Shye. BL at November 15, 2017 3:29 PM GMT

Don't get angry
      when others are talking behind your back... because they're just proving
      that your life is obviously more interesting than theirs.
    • November 20, 2017 12:19 AM GMT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        58 0

Untitled title

The suggestion that any person should be able to change their gender by simply declaring it does set alarm bells ringing. I don't think it should be quite that easy, but perhaps things do need to change.

Here are some interesting viewpoints from non-binary people:

https://www.them.us/story/this-is-what-gender-nonbinary-people-look-like

• November 20, 2017 9:44 PM GMT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        6 0

Untitled title

It should not be that easy.  If anybody can declare without some form of medical background then it would become uncomfortable for everybody, since you would not know if the person was genuine in their conviction, or actually represented a danger.

That said, I am sort of in favor of gender neutral toilets and we already have gender neutral changing rooms in swimming baths.  So I think that gender neutral facilities have a lot going for them.  The article points out that only having a thin piece of material between you and somebody of the opposite sex could be uncomfortable.  So perhaps more robust cubicles may be the answer to that.  That said, if it makes shoppers uncomfortable, they may go elsewhere.  So any suggestions are going to be voted on by the shoppers.

Back to the serious question of just declaring that you are transgender without medical input.  No, no and more no.  

Alice

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit posts
    You don't have permission to delete posts
    You don't have permission to approve new posts
    You don't have permission to make a thread sticky
    You don't have permission to close a thread
    You don't have permission to move a thread

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel