Trump Admin and TG legislation

• 95 posts
    June 8, 2018 1:36 AM BST
    Just to follow up Chrissy Charlands Aug 2017 post:
    Prior to Trump Admin, I had my Social Security card changed to my new name. This past March, i turned 65 and received my Medicare card, in my old name. I had to eventually call SS Admin to find out why. He. the SSA rep, said, "We have you as Robert now. You will have to change it by filing a form i will send to you." The form requires identification, one acceptable proof is a "birth certificate issued at time of birth." !!! So my amended birth certificate is not proof of identity. This is a change from the Obama Admin, where i was issued a SSA card in my new name with a stamped probate court document and amended state birth certificate. So the fascist ppl put in charge are carrying out Trump's disdain for transgender ppl.
    • 1195 posts
    August 19, 2018 9:34 PM BST
    Robin w
    Sorry to hear of your troubles.
    Maybe we can change all that.
    • 95 posts
    August 28, 2018 4:47 PM BST
    it is really unfortunate. it causes a bit of confusion at MD's offices, as names do not match. always an embarrasing moment when "Mr Fowler" is called out. Unfortunately, our voice is not that big, even in the LGBTQ community. Def a wait and see kind of situation. ; (