The facial changes under hormones

• September 17, 2004 10:06 AM BST
    A wife of a ts, knowing quite many other ts:s said today that there is something similar in the changes of our faces under the hormones. But unfortunately she could not define it exactly. She said it is something at the cheeks and the jaw and around the mouth. Something that TOGETHER give an overall female expression.
    What do you think?
    If I look at my old male pic and the new female pic, there is hardly anything same left, except the eyes and the area just around the eyes.

Laura
  • September 17, 2004 10:26 AM BST
    I guess this is something nobody has surveyed so far. And for a good study there should be a group of transitioning people. A bit difficult to organize, right?

Laura
  • September 18, 2004 8:12 AM BST
    Sandra´s advice is good.

First look what hormones can do, the 2 years full speed, as Sandra said, and then do the rest with surgery, if needed.
    I could use surgery to reshape my forehead, but probably will never do that, since I pass okay already like this.
    And I think passing is number one, beauty is secondary.

Laura
  • December 1, 2004 5:37 AM GMT
    I still have, as a post-op, a daily dosis of 6mg estrofem and 100mg androcur. As prescribed by my endo of the Womens Hospital of the Helsinki University Hospital.
    Today I have jeans and a tight black pullover, exactly the same cloths as I had BEFORE my coming out at job and my name change. But...I must say, I look now different. It is easier to notice in these cloths, which I used to wear in my "in-the-middle-period". My whole body has changed into something clearly female...

Laura
  • December 4, 2004 9:32 AM GMT
    I´ll meet my endo next tuesday and I will talk about that and also about the continuation of the estros. My treatments will be removed now or a bit later to my local health center, as I get my "regular female" status. The government pays estrogens to women, but I just heard it doesn´t pay Estrofem but Progynova.
    I cannot understand the logic. But I must talk about that, too, because she has prescribed me Estrofem so far.

Laura
    • 364 posts
    December 4, 2004 7:07 PM GMT
    Mirror, mirror on the wall...... Every mirror I look into is different. One shows my face is rounding, another different. I have also noticed a difference depending on the time of the day. The face appears more feminine in the evening

Hugs
    Joanne
    • 1652 posts
    September 17, 2004 1:07 PM BST
    That's interesting Laura, so there may be hope for me yet without the need for facial surgery?
    • 1652 posts
    September 17, 2004 7:31 PM BST
    Sound advice Sandra, thank you. It sounds like Laura has achieved some significant results through hormone therapy. I guess this will vary between individuals.
    • 1652 posts
    September 18, 2004 4:05 PM BST
    mmm I LOVE Sigourney Weaver! Who cares whether her bone structure is masculine or feminine? She's a babe.
    Thanks for that Sandra.
    xx
  • October 8, 2004 12:26 AM BST
    I've always been a Weaver fan, mainly because of the Alien movies. She plays a strong female character, while still coming across as a believable human being. For the same reason, I liked Linda Hamilton in the Terminator movies.
  • October 8, 2004 12:27 AM BST
    As for the hormones, I was only using them for a few months, but when I go back, I intend to stay on them, so it'll be interesting to notice what changes do/don't occur, facially.