My srs-matter outed to my mom

• September 21, 2004 5:33 AM BST
    Yesterday my mother called me on the phone, the first time this year...in order to ask if the rumors about my srs-trip to Thailand is true. I asked who said that kind of things. she said it is none of your business. I said this matter is none of YOUR business and you should not believe ALL the rumors you hear. She asked why I´m so difficult. I said I´m certainly not the more difficult of us two.
    I called then Emma, my daughter, who said she had been silent like a stone. I doubted a while my ex, but in that case she would have called me first in the style "where did you get the money, you crook?". Emma agreed about this...
    In the evening the leakage started to clear up. I figured out it must have been two transmen I know in Tampere have occasionally met my big sis, living also there. I know she moves in lesbian and transgender circles. And these transmen naturally haven´t thought that my sister would not know about my trip. I can easily imagine them saying: "Hey, you are Laura´s sister, she´s going to have her srs soon, isn´t she?".
    My sister has never really grown up. It is unforgettable to make our old mother worry many weeks before the thing happens. I would have told her about the whole only afterwards.
    Oh gash...additionally I had again hot flashes. Today I meet Emma and her boyfriend at a cafe and we´ll have an ice cream or a capuccino together. And forget about the trouble.

Laura
  • September 21, 2004 6:01 AM BST
    To anyone who asks about my coming vacation I´ll tell I´m going to Kuremäe monastery to help the nuns to get onions out of the field in October. Hehe.

Laura
  • September 21, 2004 8:22 AM BST
    Oh thanks Sandra. Your answer calmed me down a lot. I must try to remember: this is my life and nobody else´s. I´m no more living and suffering for somebody else.

Laura
  • September 21, 2004 12:46 PM BST
    People jump there naked into the holy spring water. My turn will come after my srs. Liisa asked me already last year "Shall we?". I said "Later". Oh...I love the place.

Laura
  • September 21, 2004 1:04 PM BST
    Yes, it is the Onion Country, maybe the best onions inside the EU. If you don´t believe go and try. And don´t forget the tasty fish direct from the lake Peipsi. Just ask for a fried "koha".

The advertisment was offered by Laura.
  • September 23, 2004 10:17 AM BST
    Overheard from a GG on her way to bed at a house party: "Oh well, I can't find a cucumber so I guess I'll use an onion."

One of my all time favorite guitar players was John Cippolina (RIP). Does that mean "little onion" then? (His brother Mario plays bass in Huey Lewis and the News.)