Decency guidelines

• 338 posts
    September 23, 2004 5:46 PM BST
    Been thinking of modifing a few bits of the FAQ, notable the bit on uploading pictures and the new bit on screen names to include a link to another file containing a few guidelines about language and images in the general parts of TrannyWeb..

I.e. no indecent icons and no crude language in the moderated chat rooms.

The idea is to keep this sort of 'rule' in a seperate file, I can write it but its not my site, so its up to everyone, if people want some guidelines, more aimed at new commers, we should know the rules such as they are.

Probably best if the chatroom moderators stick some bits foreward too about what is and isn't going to be tolerated in chat.

So then.. Should we have a place for 'rules' and if so what should they be..?

Over to you girls...
    • 338 posts
    September 23, 2004 6:32 PM BST
    go for it babes.. just stick something on about indecent icons etc and thats gotta cover it really
  • September 24, 2004 9:20 AM BST
    Sounds good to me Clair, go for it.

I agree with the idea about no indecent icons, can the same be said for usernames and/or actual names as there have in the past been a few obnoxious names appearing in the chatroom. If it's in the rules we have the ammo to make people alter them, we have it anyway but if it's in the rules it's easier to enforce.

As for anything else well there was the forum of chat guidelines from a while back and I say go with those.

Alex
    xxx
    • 2127 posts
    September 23, 2004 6:29 PM BST
    We've nearly got a chat rules page at the entrance to the chat rooms. I think we had a thread running on this for a while.

Basically it was, no bad language, to hitting on people who don't want to be hit on, no cyber outside of the cyber room and generally be nice to your fellow chatters.

If everyone is happy with that, I'll put it up right away. Sorry, I didn't get round to it earlier - got waylaid with server crashes and the like.

There was also a suggestion that the chat rules should actually go on the front chat page, rather than on a page of their own. That could be done quite easily.

If the team is in agreement, I'll implement it now.

Otherwise, for the general rules for the site, it's over to you...

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 456 posts
    September 23, 2004 10:51 PM BST
    Good idea Clair and Katie. I suppose that there is a set of unwritten rules which as a moderator I have to try and make sure people stick to. Lets go for it.
    • 2573 posts
    September 24, 2004 11:13 AM BST
    I concur. Having the rules up front, even adding a "I agree" button to enter the room itself, would make it less necessary and easier to enforce rules.

We need to define "indecent". To quote Tom Lehrer: "...filth, I'm glad to say, is in the mind of the beholder...when correctly viewed, everything is lewd.." I presume that genitalia, of either sex, are right out. What about bare breasts? What about lingerie? Do we differentiate between bra and panties and bikini bathing suit? I'll be honest, sometimes Wendy can be very prissy, which shocked me, and sometimes if He is active nothing offends him. I would like to say I will always know where to stand on this, but...
    Chat content. I tend to let it go as long as it is reasonably vague and teasing stuff between friends. When it get's graphic, I suggest the Cyber chat or tone it back. Suggesting two cans of whipped cream is fine. Describing where it would be applied and removed and how gets iffy, but again parts you would not display in public are out. It also matters who is in the chat room as well, and if they are participating. It can be confusing if the rules interpretation change from visit to visit, but as long as the rules state that the moderator is the final word and "please" comply and as long as it says, "if you are uncomfortable feel free to PM request the chat moderator to set limits", we should be ok. That leads to a question. Should we put a _CM after our names so people will know who we are in chat. The Zone has a "+" in front of moderators names for that reason. If we state in the rules what to look for it will make it easy for others to communicate privately with us about their concerns and make it easier for us to assess the community's feelings. Should we have a forum thread or a survey for people to vote on how they would like things to be in chat and let Katie decide for us based on that input and her preferences as webmistress. (Katie, that always brings up an image of black, patent stilleto boots and a crop with a spiderweb behind, lol) I still feel Katie has the right to make the final decision in her own "house".

In any even, I have seen girls leave TW because their feelings were hurt by reaction to their icon/pic of which they were justly proud. They took it personally. A clear set of rules would help avoid that feeling of personal rejection.
    • 2127 posts
    October 3, 2004 2:30 PM BST
    Hi girls,

Wendy is quite right and Tina will be pleased to hear that I do agree that a set of rules that's laid down in black and white is what we need. That way we have a 'yardstick' to work from.

I've put together a 'rulz' page based on your input but with the advent of DigiChat, the way it's displayed my change.

It may be that users will receive the rulz as a popup as they enter chat or they may be the first chat message they see.

Anyway, delivery aside, I hope that this will make life easier for everyone.

I think we're going to see a lot more people in chat when the new chat rooms come online and we'll have the added possibility that some folk may use video to show off their bits. I've taken care to mention that too in among the rulz.

Wendy, I think that DigiChat may identify moderators so I don't think you'll need to change your names.

Finally, I think we may have forgotten the most important rule of all - Have fun!

Hugs,

Katie x