Body Hair

• 26 posts
    August 6, 2002 1:45 PM BST
    Hello Girls

i am a bit uncomfortable to raise the subject: i need to shave my face daily (i am a crossdresser) and also my legs and chest to keep them smooth and feminine. it's a very very long process, not to mention the affect it has on the skin.
    i've tried few creams, and found that although they worked they a)smelled awefull! b) expensive: to cover you body with thick loads of cream takes a LOT of it! c)did not work too well when used on daily basis.

Would love to hear any tips from other t-girls on how they deal with this unpleasent problem. i am far far from using hormones, but would love to hear from ladies who use them as well.

thank you.
  • February 5, 2004 8:46 AM GMT
    Shaving is a 'pain in the neck' (excuse the pun) but I've found a few things recently that help me make it less of a chore.
    1) Gillette Venus blades fit on my Mach 3 handle so I can use a razor blade designed for shaving armpits and legs instead of one for my face. Also means I can stop pinching my GF's
    2) King of Shaves shaving oil. This is the 'mutts nuts' not only do you get a really close shave but it helps heal any minor nicks and cuts. Plus you can easily see where the hairs are so you don't shave where you don't need to.
    3) Stubble Stop. This is an aftershave moisturiser that helps slow down hair regrowth and helps to make your hair much softer and easier to shave. I've been using this for several months and I have noticed a real improvement in reduced irritation as well as look.
    4) Styptic Pencil to stop any bleeding, works better than toilet paper.

Finally, a lot comes down to when you shave. I always shave my body hair at the end of a warm shower or in the bath (yes I know yuck all that stubble floating around with you!) when the hairs are well softened up, which means it's easier for the blade to cut the hair real close.
    As for my face I either shave that right after my shower or after I have left the beard to soak for at least 2 minutes, normally I wash my face with a good face wash (Nivea for Men). I shave first time with the grain and then using a good gel carefully shave against the grain to finish off.

wow! That does seem like a lot but it doesn't take that long I promise.

Alex
  • February 6, 2004 7:41 PM GMT
    Hi Alex,
    Where do you get the Stubble Stop. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere in the forums but I haven't seen it in any chemists. Who makes it?

thanks,
  • February 7, 2004 4:06 PM GMT
    Thanks Kat.
    • 2 posts
    February 18, 2004 10:53 PM GMT
    I have been waxing my chest for a number of years. I always use Boots own wax strips. I also use them on my legs but it is very difficult to do the backs. My wife like my smooth chest but does feek out a bit when I do my legs.
    • 19 posts
    April 19, 2003 12:00 PM BST
    Like everyone else, The problem of shaving always seems to be a big item. For a while now I have been using an epilady. It can hurt the first time with the longer thicker hairs but after the initial treatment its not that bad upkeeping.

In addition I have been using a new product called Veet. It is a shaving cream type foam that works really well. I haven't experienced the burn that you can get from Nair. Every night I apply Jergens shave minimizer skin lotion. I am really happy with the results. The Veet leaves a silky smooth leg (very sexy).

Finally, Nair has a new product out for men. I have not tried it yet but I am curious how well it works.

Hugs Jaqui
  • January 19, 2003 6:21 PM GMT

dear sharon i also am a crossdresser from brooklyn new york and i also have that problem <shaving> i must shave my legs at least twice a week and at least another time before i go out to a meeting.i used nair first on my legs and then on my arms .as everyone says the smell is not nice but there are other creams which work faster than nair.as for me once the hair is removed i just use my gillette razor and shave regular .i do my legs my arms and my chest all with the razor.it makes me pretty smoothe and i then apply a cream lotion to soothe my skin well speak to you   <<<love phylis anne and shalomand l-hit raot                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               quote author=Sharon_cds link=board=makeup&num=1028634340&start=0#0 date=08/06/02 at 12:45:38]
    Hello Girls

i am a bit uncomfortable to raise the subject: i need to shave my face daily (i am a crossdresser) and also my legs and chest to keep them smooth and feminine. it's a very very long process, not to mention the affect it has on the skin.
    i've tried few creams, and found that although they worked they a)smelled awefull! b) expensive: to cover you body with thick loads of cream takes a LOT of it! c)did not work too well when used on daily basis.

Would love to hear any tips from other t-girls on how they deal with this unpleasent problem. i am far far from using hormones, but would love to hear from ladies who use them as well.

thank you.

• August 13, 2002 5:15 PM BST
    I shave everything everyday. It's like a ritual and so sensuous. The trick is to use a very sharp razor. I use one of those triple bladed razors and change the blade every other day or so. If you really hate shaving that much, go for laser removal if you have very light complexion. If you have a darker complexion then use electrolisis. What ever method you use, it's expensive. It's just that with the non-permanent types the cost is spread out over your life time. Even with laser or electrolisis you will have to go in for touch ups. Happy hair removing.  xoxo Staci
  • August 6, 2002 4:19 PM BST
    (This was my response to your same question in the general forum.)

Hi Sharon.

For years, I did noting but shave, but then I tried Nair. It does a good job on body hair, but it can burn your skin if you aren't careful (plus there's that smell you mentioned). Waxing is good, but only if you can lie back and let someone else do it, and most TVs don't want to do that because of the awkwardness of going to a professional (unless a friend does it). I still use Nair on occasion, but shaving is still my main method. I hate shaving, and like you, I have to shave every day.

Laser hair removal might be an option for body hair, but it's faily expensive, and I still don't know much about it. If I thought hormones would get rid of my facial hair, I'd be very tempted to start on them. I'm interested in hearing from others, too.