Shaved leg's

• June 22, 2005 9:26 AM BST
    Wow, I must be the lucky one, very few hais on the legs and those that are there hardly show. Let me tell you about an incident last year, it happened before I came out to the wife and our subsequent drifting apart.
    We were waiting to go to Weymouth for the weekend with 50 other people from our club. It was a glorious day and the weather forecast for the weekend was for a bright sunny weekend. Taking advantage of sun Alan (my male self) decided to wear shorts and sandals for the trip. As we were waiting for the coach others arrived and one of the females started studying my legs. "Do you shave Alan?" "Only my face" I replied jokingly. "Well you must wax then" she stated. "No I do nothing, I don't need to" I told her. My wife was then asked if I shaved or waxed my legs and gave the same answer as me. The rest of the females in the party then got bought over to admire my legs. I wished I'd got some heels with me that day, that would have shown them how good they really looked.
    My tv girlfriend is also jealous of me, she has to go to be waxed every month. I'm unlucky if a hair grows each month.
    I hope I've not made too many of you jealous.

June
    XXXX
    • 1198 posts
    November 3, 2004 11:34 AM GMT
    Hi all,
    now this may seem cheeky sorry if it is, but......i was wondering how the girls on this site who haven't come out to there wive's/gf's manage to keep there legs shaved or if they do. I know it sounds weird,but single girls amongst us :- TS's/TV's and CD's obviously don't have to worry. But how do the married girls or those with partner's explain it to there SO's or don't there SO's mind that they have shaved leg's?

Like i say sorry if it offend's anyone me asking it's just been on my mind recently........love JJ xx
  • November 3, 2004 12:01 PM GMT
    Hehe...

Somebody should find a solution....a removable set of hair for the legs .

Laura
    • 374 posts
    November 8, 2004 12:38 PM GMT
    Hi Julie,

My SO wasn't too happy when I first started shaving my legs, but she's a bit more tolerant now. It's a lot more common now to see men with shaved legs than it was a few years ago. Lots of men shave or wax for the look and a lot do it because of the sports they are involved in(ie: bodybuilding, cycling, swimming).
    My SO knows I'm a tranny and that's what bothers her more than the shaving. If I wasn't a tranny I don't think she'd mind at all. I also trim and shave other areas as well. Just looks and feels a lot better and I feel a lot younger too (I'm lucky that I'm not that hairy to begin with). From what I've seen on TV and read in magazines, a lot of women these days prefer their men to be less hairy and well groomed (I know that if I was a woman I wouldn't want my man to be hairy!).

Hugs,

Monika
  • November 8, 2004 12:56 PM GMT
    After two years on hormones there is not much left to shave on my legs. I was never very hairy, so I probably have now less hair on my legs than women in general.
    What about hairy men? I don´t mind actually. Or let´s say I don´t think it is very essential. If the guy is nice, he can be hairy or hairless, it doesn´t matter to me.

Laura
  • November 9, 2004 7:49 AM GMT
    I often admire the hormones...when they stop my body hair growth...how exactly they know to leave the triangle of my pubic hair on its spot. On the other hand the hormones are stupid: they collect fat below my navel line in order to protect the womb. The non-existing thing .

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    December 1, 2004 9:54 AM GMT
    Hope the excuse continues to work Ellen.....hugz Julie xx
  • December 6, 2004 10:33 PM GMT
    Hi all,
    Its' about time for my thoughts on shaved legs. I cannot resist getting rid of those hairs - the stockings and tights are not the same otherwise. Has anyone thought about the side effect of drugs, ie. normal prescription ones. some have nasty side effects.
    some even give way to hair loss. It doesn't matter though. If you are taking any medicine, whether for tranniemylitis or giving up smoking - just say its the side effect of the drugs.
    Anyway its just a thought.
    xx elle
    • 141 posts
    September 27, 2005 2:36 PM BST
    Oh, I couldn't resist a comment to such a wonderfully frivolous thread.

My explaination of shaved legs was ultimately 'coming out'. After that the conversation about hairless legs seemed rather moot.

My wife is unsupportive outside the bounds of the house (wherein she is only tolerant) and deals with my shaved body with an embargo on shorts or short-sleeved shirts.

My emerging bust however is presenting another challenge.
    • 11 posts
    February 23, 2007 1:31 AM GMT
    Hi Julie,
    I have been shaving off and on for a few years. I have told my wife I have some hairs which grow on the inter thighs where too rough and would cut me when I would work our or run. And you could see this when I did run. She doesn't like it. But I travel a lot and the last few months I have been keeping them clean shaved I really love them that way. She hasn't said anything and I plan to keep them that way. I have been wearing panties and thongs for years and she has excepted that when I got rid of all of my male underware. I want to wear some of the more pretty ones but she will not go for that. I have been on hormones for a while. and my breasts have been budding. she does like playing with them in bed but i have not had the nerve to tell her I am trying to grow them bigger. soon i am sure.

hugs.

katie
  • September 7, 2007 2:45 AM BST
    There is nothing like sliding on a pair of pantyhose over freshly shaved or waxed hairless leggies. Soooo cooool soooooo sexy

The first time I wore pantyhose I was 12 so hair wasn't a great problem. Now it is, but my hair is red so with the right colour nylon they can sort of vanish, even if I haven't shaved for a while. I keep them shaved pretty much all the time now.

Maybe there is some sort of trimming comb that can thin the hair for you, so its not so obvious. Or if your hair is really dark you could try lighting it with some mild bleaching. I've heard of girls wearing more opaque tights rather than hose, or even 2 pairs of hose over the top of one another.

Anyway good luck in whatever you do.

Patti
    • 141 posts
    January 11, 2008 7:13 PM GMT
    Wow! It was really interesting to get a notice of activity on a thread started some 4 years ago and on which I commented 2 or 3 years ago.

I guess at the time of my first comment I took Nikki's comment <i>just tell them, "I just don't like hair."</i> as the most honest (by omission) explanation.

Since my first comment in 2005, I'm now separated, living full-time and closing on 4 years on Hormones. I still shave my legs as any girl does but the growth rate is vastly diminished and the hairs now very, very fine and soft -- electrolysis had to be undertaken to deal with my face hair.

In answer to a question posed years ago, but still relevant to girls who are currently contemplating shaving their legs and whose wifes or significant others are not aware of who they are, I offer the following: be honest!

Like the tip of the proverbial iceberg, shaving or any physical alteration however minor is a consequential step, it is the beginning of a change in what you are engaged in (whether crossdressing or transition to female) from thought to reality from fantasy to fact. Shaving, unlike pierced ears or a tatoo, is physically reversible -- sadly and regrettably quickly you will find, but the emotional impact on others may not be.

Speaking from the experience of hiding who I was -- driven first by my denial of my real self and the wholly misguided idea that I could escape my real self through marriage -- I took such steps as shaving my legs and then my moustache without ever explaining to my wife what was happening. I denied her her rightful input and ultimately -- however accommodating and understanding she tried to be -- hurt her profoundly and deeply. That is an injury to her and a regret for me as permanent as any tatoo.

Use this to tell your significant other who else you are. Find growth and change within the security of the love you have. Don't preempt them. Give them the respect they deserve and allow them to exercise the rights you extended to them through the contract of marriage. If not dealt with now calmly, candidly and honestly don't doubt that it won't be dealt with later in anger and hurt.
    • 71 posts
    January 13, 2008 2:05 AM GMT
    I was intrigued to find this on the BBC website yesterday: new words, including the word "Manscaping".
    The fact that it has entered vocabulary should make you realise that we all have less & less to worry about?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7180618.stm
    • 141 posts
    January 21, 2008 8:36 PM GMT
    Anne, I think the question of why I separated from my wife (I have only just started divorce proceedings) has merit in a thread concerning 'hiding' one's shaved legs. I can't speak for any beyond my own experience but my reasons for separation were many, protracted and multi-layered.

From the moment of marriage, I knew that I held -- or believed that I held -- a 'deal-breaker' to our marriage, that being my gender dysphoria. It would -- like a cancer -- grow to kill our relationship. So, at the very root -- the essence -- the beginning of the end of our relationship, started at the very beginning of our marriage.

As much as we grew together -- and we did, sharing wonderful moments together -- coming to many intimate insights into each other, we equally build little private worlds. I believe that emotional intimacy equals physical intimacy in a relationship and -- rightly or wrongly -- I felt that I didn't have that and I felt that I could not press her for it because, I feared, she would want the same from me -- and therein lay my 'secret'. Over time, those little private worlds expand and to include more such as shaving our legs, which to be accomodated must extend our privacy, or worse, create lies to hide what we are really doing. All of this is solvent to the bonds of love. Little by little the love is washed away and one day -- acknowledged or not, aware or not -- too much is gone to sustain the relationship. I guess that in my case, that awareness came much later than the reality that we were living in separate worlds.

In her eyes we lived together for 16 years as mane and wife. She would come to call that a lie and a deception on my part. I couldn't undo the pain of that, not even when I promised and tried to only be Michael.

Our separation -- for what it's worth -- was acknowledged silently. It happened without discussion, agreement or acrimony, I just simply one day rose from my separate bed, packed a few things and left.
  • November 3, 2004 12:19 PM GMT
    "Leg Wigs"

.. it's a whole new marketing opportunity!

Cx
    • 2068 posts
    December 1, 2004 10:01 AM GMT
    leg wigs...what ARE you on cerys??? if it's that good then i want some..hehehehe love and xx maria
    • 2017 posts
    February 26, 2007 9:17 AM GMT
    Before I came out as TG, I had always shaved my legs, and my chest, if anyone asked I simply told them the truth, 'I don't like body hair'. This was always accepted and considering the amount of non TG males out there who do the same, why shouldn't it be? As for me, in 25 years I think I was asked a total of three times.

And yes, I do now accept that perhaps I didn't like the hair because I was surpressing latent TG emotions.