Chat Room

• November 19, 2004 11:23 PM GMT
    First note...this is not a moan...not at all.
    I know that I'm only an occasional visitor to Trannyweb, it's not often that I have the house to myself, but the one weekend that I have had in ages I thought it would be good to talk. I'm still dressing mostly at home, but I've determined that tomorrow I'm going to talk a big step and get out into the light. I've been planning it for ages, what to wear, where to go, maybe even which shops to head for...safe targets obviously for a first outing. I felt that a chat with some other girls might bolster my confidence. But Oh no, despite following all the instructions about turning off personal firewalls and stuff I can't get into the chat room. I've waited 5 minutes for the applet to load...Is it because I'm on dial up, not broadband?
    Oh woe is Rachel.
    Can any one help?
    I'll try again later otherwise wish me luck.
    Rachel
  • November 20, 2004 12:57 PM GMT
    Thanks for the tip Maria. I didn't check again last night. I'll probably try again tonight
    LOL
    Rachel
    • 338 posts
    November 20, 2004 7:18 PM GMT
    hiya.. dunno exactly how big the applet is, but on dialup i can imagine it taking a few minutes to download.

not got one for windows but its worth getting something that can monitor your net traffic and do a little graph, as long as its actually downloading i wouldn't worry too much.

once you have the applet downloaded it shouldn't need to download every time you try to connect.. i hope....
  • November 22, 2004 10:45 AM GMT
    You could also try going to http://www.java.com and click the 'Get It Now' button. If you already have Java installed it will check the configuration to make sure everything is installed and configured correctly (as best it can anyway). Also if Java is already installed it will check that it is the latest version, if not it will offer to upgrade you Java version for you. If it isn't installed, again, it will offer to automatically install and configure Java for you. Its all automated and never hurts to go there and have it check your system when in doubt.

If you are still having problems entering Digi-Chat, look for the Java icon in the taskbar. It looks like a steaming coffee cup. Right click on it and select 'open console'. Post what is says in the console and we may be able to point you in another direction.

Hugs,

Katherine
    • 2068 posts
    November 20, 2004 11:18 AM GMT
    sorry to hear you're havin probs rachel.There is someone here you could talk to about your probs getting into chat..clair rand,the one who's doing the Tech support forum..she'd be the one who can help you.Good luck !! love maria xxxxx
    • 2127 posts
    November 20, 2004 7:54 PM GMT
    Of course it could also be down to an old browser or even an old version of Java.

Digichat suggest using Sun's Java v1.4.2 (J2SE) for Windows or later. There could be problems with earlier versions.

Hope that's useful.

Hugs,

Katie x