Self med advise

• November 29, 2004 6:38 AM GMT
    I know the first advise is to not do this without doctor supervision and I know why, but I am going to do it myself anyway. Being stubborn is one of my strongest points. Dont worry...I will see a doctor sometime after I start, I have my reasons for doing it this way so please advise on some things. I have been reading up and I plan to order Transdermal Estrogen from the inhousepharmacy.

Estraderm TTS 100 which I can wear for 7 days.

Now I need to know...is Estrogen taken by itself enough ?

Being 39 years old I know I am way past the point of seeing really fast results just using Estrogen by itself. However, I have a friend who is using the same thing by itself and she says thats all I need. I know another girl who says that I had better use an Anti-Androgen if I hope to see any results and to not take more then 100mg of Spironolactone until I have checked with the doctor. I have not been one to go by peer pressure but both of these girls are doing great, one has started seeing a doctor to monitor her progress and everything is fine. So give a girl some advise here as well, I need to get started.

Those that have self medicated before please let me know more !
  • November 29, 2004 7:17 AM GMT
    Thank you Sandra

Estraderm TTS 25 for 1.5 months and if everything is good ramp up to Estraderm TTS 50. Ok...as for the Anti-Androgens, Spironolactone 25mg a good place to start as well ?
  • November 29, 2004 12:54 PM GMT
    And PLEASE consider seeing your Doctor before and during any treatment. You only have one body don't screw it up with self medication.

I worked in a drug dependency unit in a hospital for 4 years and the mess people can make by not informing their doctors of all the medications they are taking is scary. And its not just 'recreational' drugs. Did you know paracetemol and Grapefruit juice can kill you???

Speak to someone about hormone treatment before you mess around with what are extremely powerful drugs, please.

• December 4, 2004 6:45 AM GMT
    Well I have learned many things since starting this threat...
    One is...I need to suck it up and see a doctor from the word go. I know they may want me to wait it out until I have seen a therapist to make sure this is what is right for me. I think I need to be sure and at the very least...make sure I have medical supervision. Would be bad to get the shape that I love to end up having it stuffed into a coffin !

Secondly...Odering this stuff from here in the states and getting it and using it without a prescription is illegal and we all know how well girls like us would be received in jail ! I think thats one of those stories for the fantasy forum...lol Seriously...you girls have given straight forward advise and I am going that route.

Third and not the last...just getting tired of typing...I have waited this long and since it isnt going to happen over night anyway...I might as well take my time and do it right. Besides...I am starting a new job with great insurance...which may pay for many of the things that I need paid for.

All of the girls on here are great...thanks for the great advise. I will keep you all posted !
  • December 4, 2004 7:49 AM GMT
    When you say a certain point changes will become irreversible and well visible, for example with face...I cant help but to say...bring it on ! lol

I want boobs too ! lol
    • 19 posts
    September 12, 2005 12:47 PM BST
    Whats a girl to do?
    Like so many I have been self medicing for 4 months - yes i have seen GP and am seeing consultant 14\10 so have started on the path. 40 yrs old and diabetic and my main prob is that after months of no probs with supply, xl&inhouse I foolishly changed supplier. now nearly 3 weeks later, money gone and no response to emails or phone calls?. I am hormonal (supply ran out a week ago) distraught and afraid.
    Just so tearful I wish I had never changed supplier. Anybody else had problems with suppliers? - my prob is with one not a million miles from this site.
  • September 12, 2005 1:24 PM BST
    globaldrug?
    • 19 posts
    September 12, 2005 10:51 PM BST
    Alas yes - but tonight I finally got call and they say they will reissue - fingers crossed