Desktop Wonders

• 338 posts
    December 21, 2004 8:39 PM GMT
    Me last post got me thinking... what do people do for desktop background pictures?

i have a choice of two.. depending on the machine.. this one has a plain pale green backdrop.. cus thats what 'teradesk' on me old ST had.. and i liked it, plus frankly i can hardly ever see it.

Me windows box had a piccy taken at TM (group pic) for ages.. had to change it recently to something a tad more dull cus of the kids..
  • December 21, 2004 11:15 PM GMT
    Personally, I have a picture of a waterfall that my housemate took in the Brecon Beacons, Mid Wales. I guess this picture also answers the browser question. lol
  • December 22, 2004 3:28 AM GMT
    Using a static picture (jpeg, for example) of a reasonable size (memory wise), uses very little in the way of system resources
    • 614 posts
    January 13, 2005 1:07 PM GMT
    im affraid i am another dull and boring person all i got is the standerd plan greyish windows backround on my pc
  • January 13, 2005 1:31 PM GMT
    Desktop background depends on time of year as right now I have a fantastic snowboarding picture on the desktop, to get me in the right frame of mind of course. And on the laptop I have a blue background with Bart Simpson peering round the edge of the screen, looking as if he's up to no good (kind of safe for work)

Don't be boring put something interesting on there, that's what it's for. Its the equivilent of the family photo on your desk or the poster on the wall of your cubicle.

Alex
    xxx
    • 456 posts
    January 12, 2005 11:31 PM GMT
    I must admit that I don't use a background picture - just a boring plain background - I don't know why I suppose I'm just plain boring.
  • December 21, 2004 11:34 PM GMT
    I stopped using pics on the desktop 'cos I thought it might slow the system down. I use a lot of video intensive apps and you need every ounce of pep you can get. But if someone can tell me it makes no difference then I'll start using something more fun again than dark grey.

Cerys
    (no more grey world)
    • 2573 posts
    December 30, 2004 6:37 AM GMT
    I don't know, I'll have to look, lol. HIS account has a large cougar on it headon. For security issues this has a sunset picture from stock W2K choices....it's easy to see icons on it.