Makeup

• September 5, 2002 10:41 PM BST
    I just ordered 3 makeup books over the web from amazon. "The art of makeup", "Making faces" and "Makeup your mind". I logged onto the site looking for a different makeup book but it was 3 weeks delivery time. I hope to get them by next friday, I'll let you all know what I think on monday (assuming I have them at that stage). If anyone wants to tell me I've wasted my money or invested in the meantime feel free.
  • October 28, 2002 6:17 PM GMT
    Making faces is brilliant. Lots n lots of tipos and step by step instruction. theres 2 looks done on a guy with taping tip for the face and cleavage.
    This book is a must have for all the basic techniques of applying makeup.
    the art of makeup is really a coffe table book , not an instruction manual. a very large sized book with lots of life sized pictures.
    Jen
    • 195 posts
    September 10, 2002 3:01 AM BST
    Making Faces is a great book -lots of ideas - you will have fun with that - expensive but very tastful coffee table book - If you dare leave it out for visitors to browse
  • September 11, 2002 12:05 AM BST

Hi Gals,

I have Making Faces and Face Forward both by Kevyn Aucoin.
    Great books, sadly Kevyn passed away recently. I saw him on Oprah once and he impressed me with his humanity and humility. He was very pro TG people and lifestyles. I only found out when I surfed the net about his passing, as cynical as I am not much gets me reaching for the tissues. I bawled like a baby, his book changed my life so much.

Get one or both, and read it. Apart from the valuble tips and techniques, this guy was a true mensch!

Do good things,

Irene