Bye friends

• February 19, 2005 9:12 AM GMT
    Hi friends

I guess my life has turned so much into a regular female life that what happens to me is no more interesting to you and I am not so much interested in trangender life, I never was.
    And most of the threads run in the closed areas, where I am an outsider anyway.
    I keep my touch with Sandra and some other girls through email. To the rest of you I wish all the best in your life.

Laura
  • February 19, 2005 10:31 AM GMT
    I for one am interested hun! please don't think you're an outsider here.

Though, if you really are going, then I wish you all the best in your new life, and hope you pop back now and then. It won't be the same here without you!
    • 1198 posts
    February 20, 2005 8:09 PM GMT
    Laura,
    everything you have written i have followed with great intrest and you have inspired me to take control of myself and what i want. Yes it will not be the same around here without you and your expierences, but as you say you have your path in life now.

So in what ever you decide is best for you do it, on that note i will say cheerio and i wish you every happiness for the future. Take care.......Hugz Julie x
  • February 21, 2005 8:24 AM GMT
    Thank you all my dear friends for your kind words. I have been thinking about writing a book..."How I became Laura"...or something like that. With all the tragical obstacles and sometimes funny details of my transition. I have a 3 years diary behind, two thick books, with every single day in them.
    That would be perhaps my contribution to those who follow me.
    But I promise also to pop in every now and then to see how my sisters are doing. So, I´m not gone for good .

Hugs

Laura
  • February 21, 2005 7:39 PM GMT
    Please Laura, don't leave us !!! we need you
    Annik
    • 539 posts
    February 27, 2005 1:49 AM GMT
    Laura, I understand... Although I'm not (yet) post-op, I also feel the need to get out into the larger society. As a result, I get busy and I don't show up here as often as I used to.

However, those of us who have largely moved on can be helpful to new people who are just starting the transition process. I would encourage you to check in every now and then, as I do. Many here could benefit from your experience.

Good luck on your new life.

Heather Harrison
    • 1652 posts
    February 19, 2005 11:38 AM GMT
    Laura
    Your posts on these forums are a great source of inspiration to me and others like me. Your story has been engrossing and wonderful, and you certainly haven't ceased to be interesting now you've finally realised your ambitions.
    Being on Trannyweb has really helped me, but that is all down to its members - people such as you, in fact especially you in many ways. You are a lovely, honest and very human person; please don't disappear.
    To be honest, I'm not particularly interested in transgender life either, like you I feel I am, and wish to be seen as, a normal woman, but without becoming involved in the "scene" I would never have met some wonderful friends, who I know will always be my friends. I understand the desire to live a "normal" life, but please don't desert Trannyweb, you can, and do, help people. Perhaps more than you imagine.
    Thank you with all my heart for sharing your story with us, please continue to do so, don't be a stranger. Whatever the future holds for you, I wish you all the luck, and love, in the world.
    Thank you, Laura, thank you.
    Lots of love
    Lucy
    xx
    • 2127 posts
    February 19, 2005 12:54 PM GMT
    Hello Laura,

You can't go now - you're our biggest success story!

We need you and the newer girls need your experience.

And only 4 of our 29 forums are for Full Members only!

If you must leave us we'll understand but please do reconsider. You are a great asset to the TG community and the very fact that you have moved on and have become a real woman is an inspiration to us all. That makes your advice even more valuable.

Let me urge you to think again about abandoning Trannyweb.

If we have been of some help to you on your long and difficult journey, perhaps staying on and giving the benefit of your advice and experience to those who have yet to travel this road will be a way of putting something back into a community that's helped you.

Whatever you decide though, you will always be welcome at Trannyweb.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2463 posts
    February 19, 2005 1:01 PM GMT
    Laura,
    Please don't go. Like Katie said, you are a source of inspiration. I love reading what you have to say, and you've given me personally some great words of wisdom. Please stay. We need you here. But, if you do indeed go, know that our hearts go with you. I hope you will write to me. Love, Meredith
    • 2627 posts
    February 19, 2005 2:50 PM GMT
    Laura evan if you don't wish to talk about yourself. Please check in now & then. Your comments are so straight forword & easy to understand. A community needs the wisdom of it's elders.
    Perhaps you can do a Q&A night twice a month. Or be a guest speaker for a chat night. I'm glad your life is where you want it to be. Take care of yourself.
    Karen
    • 1980 posts
    February 19, 2005 3:59 PM GMT
    Laura-

I respectfully urge you to rethink your decision. Your story is an inspiration for many here, even if they don't always say so. I read many, many posts and comments that I may not choose to comment on but that affect how I feel about myself and my TG issues, some in positive ways and some in negative ways. All I can say is that the posts you have made have always been positive and uplifting. Even on days when you felt things were not going as well as you would like you demonstrated the courage and perserverance to overcome whatever obstacle presented itself.

You are a role model for many of us, those of us who know we will never transition, those who may be making the decision and those who are in the closet worried about what may happen if the come out in the light.

Please don't leave, Laura.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon
    • 1980 posts
    February 19, 2005 4:50 PM GMT
    Sandra-

And Laura, too, please don't misunderstand, I can certainly understand the wish, indeed the need to leave the past behind under certain circumstances and of course the decision is entirely Laura's. But if she should choose to stay her help and experience would always be of enormous benefit to other girls. The TW population does not consist entirely of TG's, there are undoubtedly TS's here who would appreciate her thoughts and insights.

No matter what, Laura, I wish you the very best in your life. I'm glad to have known you, how ever briefly.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon
    • 2573 posts
    February 21, 2005 8:58 AM GMT
    Laura,

I think your book is a wonderful idea. I hope you make sure it is sold here on Trannyweb, so that we do not miss it.

If I do not see you again, then I must say Goodbye, my sister.

Hugs,

Wendy
    • 2068 posts
    February 21, 2005 9:46 AM GMT
    please don't go laura...TW won't be the same place without you.But if you decide you must then don't forget to pop back in every so often to see us all.I know i'm not considering doing what you've done but i have drawn inspiration from your story...it's helped me in a way...Take care...and come back soon y'hear...love and xxxx anna-maria