susan's tg forums?

• 134 posts
    March 2, 2005 9:47 PM GMT
    Hi, have any of you ever visited susans tg forums site? they are a funny lot there! i posted a thread telling everyone about trannyweb & I got banned for it!!
    very strange people!
    Angel xx
  • March 3, 2005 1:49 PM GMT
    I posted a group pic of all the girls on a girls night out there (Susans Tg PLace), taken in a bar and one of the moderators Very rudely stated that I should have gotten permission from the girsl in the pic to post it and wether it was a public place or private (like all private places have pool tables and barstools in the background), I told her that it was announced at the bar for everyone to show up for the pic and what the purpose of the pic was, (to be posted on several websites to give a shout out to our sisters) and that apparently they were not the people we meant to say hi to, and told her in no uncertain terms how rude she was and that I would not be back. I am not in the habit of making abusive or baiting posts nor violating the privacy of my fellow sisters and i will not be taken to the mat for it. As far as they go they can Kiss My Tookus and Plant a Tree for Israel..in the fine words of miss Bette Midler...I have my friends here and dont need their baggage
    • 134 posts
    March 4, 2005 1:09 PM GMT
    Hey i agree we should all stick together & in fact I never posted anything derogatory on susans site only what i thought might be of interest. The thing that annoyed (or saddened) me was that I just got banned without ANY explanation!
    It seems a strange way to further our cause?
    I love it in here because we CAN have chats like this!!!

Luv,
    Angel xx
    • 83 posts
    March 5, 2005 8:25 PM GMT
    Tg Forums upsetting our girls. Hmmm Let me at em ..ill splatt em Aunty scoob.
    • 134 posts
    March 6, 2005 6:31 PM GMT
    hi Cerys, i am reading your posts with interest. I wonder if you would be willing to ask at susans for me as to why i keep getting banned? i have joined using various names & e mail addys but still continue to be banned for no explanation! I guess they are able to check ISP addys.
    I am not really that bothered,just curious really as to what the heinous crime is that I have committed!
    wendy (in a rather long winded [sorry!] post reckons we sould all be nice to each other---- I CANT AGREE MORE!) but in the case of susans, I feel I am being abused by them ( the moderators) I have even tried to e mail susan herself but she has declined to reply to me.
    sorry for ranting ive had a few drinks (hic!)
    love angel xx
    • 2627 posts
    March 3, 2005 5:01 AM GMT
    I did the same at a place called CDA(crossdressers anonymous). They removed the post & told me I couldn't post for 30 days. Their just afraid of falling membership.
    Karen
    • 2627 posts
    March 3, 2005 3:23 PM GMT
    The post got out before it was pulled. So I still got to tell about 800 girls about Tweb. It was worth it. I thought about joining other sites just to do the same thing. But don't want to give us a bad rep.
    • 2573 posts
    March 3, 2005 3:56 PM GMT
    I was surprised when Angel told me about her experience. I have long given Susan's site as a reference because it has some good material on it. We need to be building a TrannyNation, not independent little fiefdoms. Susan's has things, TW does not, and vice versa. I have used and recommended both. Currently I am a member of 4 sites, though I consider TW my "home". PayPal is not our real enemy....we are. Just as "caste" system thinking that sets status by TS, TG, TV, CD etc., the idea that we should remain seperate TrannyStates will prevent a union into a TrannyNation, something we must have to win the rights that other groups have fought so hard for....the right to live and express ourselves as who we are, not how we are told we should. The days of "A nigger should keep his place" are gone in this country, except for some small-minded bigots, but we still have that fight to win and we can't count on women, blacks, gays or any other group to win them for us. Even now laws are being changed to allow religious fundamentalists to tranny-bash and gay-bash in violation of our rights. We can't even ask our sisters with families to step foward and risk what they love. So our numbers, small at first, will remain small. Dividing us up further, is small-minded and short-sighted. We don't need to withdraw behind our walls, we need to do exactly what some of you have, spread the word and unite our community. Every group, every single one that has won rights, has faced this internal disagreement and overcome it. Girls, you get more flies with honey.....so be sweet, keep being sweet and win them with love and caring. Ghandi knew how to do it. He won when the hearts of the British people could no longer stand to see the unfair treatment that a goverment heaped on the Indian protesters. I intend to talk about TW and any other TG site I so choose ANYWHERE I go. Ever tried to stop someone from getting on a site if they wanted to come back? Free email and new userIDs are easy to get. You can wash off a wall that has been painted with a message, but you can't take it from the minds of those who have already seen it. The trick is to make the message positive and not an attack on someone. Give no cause for offense or basis for reasonable complaint. Social pressure, and time, will do the rest. This holds true for the "real world" as well as the Internet.
    • 1980 posts
    March 3, 2005 5:09 PM GMT
    Wendy, my dear, sometimes you're so reasonable it's scary.<lol>

Hugs, Joni

• 2627 posts
    March 3, 2005 5:42 PM GMT
    Ain't that the truth!!

I like her that way though.
    • 2127 posts
    March 3, 2005 6:06 PM GMT
    Thanks girls. I know you're all just trying to help and I really do appreciate it.

However, perhaps we shouldn't make posts like this in other people's forums because rather than bringing in new blood for TW, I think they are more likely to upset the other tranny webmistresses.

We need to work with them in future so I don't want to alienate any of them. We need them on our side.

However, if you're talking to any individuals please do go ahead and sell TW to them.

They do say that word of mouth is the best form of advertising!

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 1652 posts
    March 4, 2005 2:31 PM GMT
    If any of you have not read Wendy's post in this thread GO BACK AND READ IT NOW! A sound philosophy if acceptance of transgender status in general is ever to be improved. Well done Wend.
    Spread the love girls!
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    March 4, 2005 3:13 PM GMT
    Angel,
    I'm sure you did nothing inappropriate, and that is what provoked my post. Joni, Lucy, thank you for your kind words. If you both agree with what I said, I must have hit the right note.
    • 2627 posts
    March 4, 2005 4:32 PM GMT
    Wendy you did hit a cord. I was angry when I thought of that. Thats never a time to do anything. What I did was tell them about paypal & ask them to come visit. I was told I was sending out SPAM. Then banned fo 30 days from posts & chats. I got angry & was ready to lash out. After reading what you wrote I went back to say I was sorry. The post is still there. They did not remove it. I've been asked back for chat. They realy are nice people.
    • 1980 posts
    March 5, 2005 5:54 PM GMT
    Hi All-

I also joined Susan's just to check it out and see how things went. To be honest I was a bit put off at first, I posted something about being chatty and letting my femme side show and said I hope I didn't offend any g-girls on the list. And I was taken to task, though not too severely, by one of the moderators for stereotyping, which kind of upset me. You girls know my sometimes off the wall sense of humor, but I certainly don't think of myself as someone who demeans others or stereotypes people in a negative way.

Well, one bright note, Cerys joined also which made me very glad. So even though I was thinking of leaving I think I'll stick around. All in all I think we should reach out and network and all pull together if we're going to get anywhere as transgendered people and to be honest, I don't think we're going to do it on the coattails of others such as gays, blacks and other minorities. They may have forged the tools and shown the way, but we're going to have to do it on our own if we're going to gain acceptance in any way.

So I guess if there's any way we can work together with other groups, we should really do our best to do so. As far as I can tell Susan's has around 500 or fewer members, so I guess we're the big sisters and should be the ones to make nice.<g>

Hugs, Joni
    • 2573 posts
    March 5, 2005 7:53 PM GMT
    Karen,
    I'm glad it worked out for you at Susan's. One of the great things, for me, about TW, is that I can talk out my feelings and find a better answer.
    I think it was POGO, an American cartoon, which said "We have met the enemy and he is us." If Angel, Joni, Cerys and others join Susan's, for example, soon we will be sisters and allies, with no chance for a conflict that nobody wants. It's all about communication. Or as Joni so accurately put it...."being chatty". It is a positive asset of the female way, not a negative stereotype. You can look at a brain scan of men and women and see it in the brain activity patterns. Women are better at communication, as a group, than men are. I joined another website recently and the very first message I received was an invitation to join a third website. Today I was in two different chat systems chatting with two groups, but some of the persons were in both groups as well. What happened, topics drifetd over to the other site and girls there became interested, informed and involved. The topic involved a number of TW girls as well, so bonds were formed between members of two sites. Today I went back to Susan's to send her URL to another girl and began reading on that site again. So we talked, shared, bonded and grew closer from these things. Even Angel's experience brought two groups closer because of how we handled it. Why didn't I take care of "business" this way all my life? Because MEN don't do that! Why not? They are so logical about other things.
    • 1652 posts
    March 6, 2005 4:22 AM GMT
    It sounds like their moderators have nothing better to do; that is what we in England call, picky.
    Surely they can moderate more moderately?
    I'm trying hard but I really can't think of any women I know who AREN'T chatty. It's not stereotyping, just an observation.
    If one has their wrist slapped for mentioning differences or similarities between genders on a transgender site, well, it's just bloody silly isn't it?
    Political correctness gone mad.
    • 1980 posts
    March 6, 2005 2:38 PM GMT
    Hi Lucy-

Well, I have to agree with you, it did kind of tick me off. And it was quite the mixed message, one hand out in greeting and the other giving me a little smack on the back of the head.<lol> The moderator said I shouldn't take it personally but I wasn't sure how else to take it, it was directed at me.

At first I looked for the "I'M OUTTA HERE!" button, but I couldn't find one so I decided I'd just not post anything else, but rather perversely on my part<lol>, I kept going back to see what else was being posted, hoping for more stuff to keep my indignation sufficiently stoked up and then good ol' Cerys joined, which certainly improved the tone of the place, so I decided to stick around and perhaps give them another chance and not be so prickly.

So anyway, we shall see. I do stand by what I wrote previously about how we should work together and I totally agree with Wendy that we should build bridges not walls, etc, etc, etc, and I suppose I should work on my own immediate reflex in those situations which is to flip 'em off and say "who needs ya?" and flounce on out of there with my heels clacking emphatically on the floor and my skirt swishing back and forth.<g>

Hugs, Joni
  • March 6, 2005 3:57 PM GMT
    Hi Joni

I've had a good old trawl around Susans in the last couple of days and on the whole it looks OK. Struggling to find that many UK girls but maybe I need to look further. I must say there does seem to be a slight tendency for self-righteousness amongst a very small number of posters there .. perhaps they need to lighten up a bit ..?

I thought you were quite right to say what you did, you're entitled to make your own observations without getting jumped on specially as it was your first post, they should cut you some slack.

Please don't let it stop you from joining in. I shall certainly be going back for more. If nothing else we need to spread the lurvvv of TW around a bit.

Cerys xx
    • 1980 posts
    March 6, 2005 4:38 PM GMT
    Hi Cerys-

Well, that's encouraging to hear, girl. I still haven't posted anything since my reply to your hello on the intro board. Thanks for sticking up for me, us TW sisters gotta stick together.<lol>

And if I haven't mentioned it, I really like your new picture, you look great.

Hugs, Joni
  • March 6, 2005 4:48 PM GMT
    Joni

Awww, thanks babe that's nice to hear. I think I've found the secret of a good picture .. it's called being happy. So many pics seem to be of girls scowling (or maybe trying to be seductive, it's often hard to tell). Get yourself in a happy situation - a couple of drinks in good company seems to help - and then all the pics start to look better!

Cerys xx

(Happier on the inside = prettier on the outside)