Just the normal life...

• March 14, 2005 7:26 AM GMT
    Hi girls

My life has turned into such a normal one that there is hardly anything to report. No more funny situations, just a regular woman´s life.
    I must ask myself: "Laura, do you feel empty?". Well...actually no. The euphory has only turned into a lasting happiness, like a constant smile inside me.
    My daughter Emma called me yesterday. We agreed about going together in the Sauna Society and made plans about a common trip to Barcelona next fall. My cosmetologist Erja has organized a free lecture for about 20 ladies on make up tips next thursday. I promised to join. Knowing about make up doesn´t harm me I guess .
    I also promised to act as a support person to a transwoman in my age, just starting her transition. With her children and her job knowing nothing...

Laura
  • March 14, 2005 8:26 AM GMT
    Yes Sandra

Now in the middle of this normality and happiness I find myself asking me if this all could have been true in my male life. I could have spared a few tears, much money and discomfort.
    But I hear myself answering right away: "Laura, you stupid chick, you would not be here without the process. Have you forgotten how your life was before?"
    It is human to forget. And the happiness, or the life WITHOUT the constant discomfort and depression, in my case even the asthma, starts to seem "given". But it is not given, it is taken. Luckily I have my diary and I can always open it and read my feelings from the hard year 2003.

Laura