CSI Vegas last night

• 134 posts
    March 23, 2005 8:51 AM GMT
    anyone see CSI Vegas last night? there was a tranny theme to one of the murders. & some fab looking girls!
    angel xx
    • 10 posts
    April 2, 2005 4:53 PM BST
    I saw this and thought the handled the TG aspect quite well.

Lucy
    • 136 posts
    April 2, 2005 10:47 PM BST
    Speaking of television programs with Trans-themes, Thursday evening, March 31, "Without a Trace" (CBS) did an episode about a woman that disappears, and during the investigation, the FBI discovers that the victim wasn't always who she appeared to be. Upon this "revelation", there were some surprised looks on the agent's faces, (no disparaging remarks) they proceed with the investigation in a very professional and respectful manner. As I recall, they did not "out" her any further than she had been "outed" already.

I feel that they did a reasonably good job illustrating how a formerly-married MTF transsexual with children was rejected by her family when she "comes out" to them, and choses to live in "stealth mode". After a number of "fresh starts" (her past discovered, she is rejected again, moves to another city), she tries to go home to see her family when she hears of her father's death. (A horrible flashback recalls the night her family rejects her, her father tells her to never return again, how awful!) With few exceptions, she is met with intolerance, rejection and violence. I won't spoil the ending, just in case the episode is repeated during the summer.

I wish I had known it was going to be on, I would have recorded it. I will watch the summer schedule, and if it is repeated, I'll try to capture it, I'd like to see it again.