what kind of music are you girls into

• April 5, 2005 1:30 AM BST
    its all well and good that we can express ourselves as transexual women on this forum but i was curious as to what types of music you all enjoy

personally i like a bit of everything but especially ska, emo, punk, and hardcore
  • April 5, 2005 4:14 AM BST
    hahahaha my cat's the same way, he runs into walls if i have too much distortion on
  • April 5, 2005 10:33 AM BST
    Alyssa,

I have to say I'm with Joni with music, I'm a biker babe through and through although my tastes have mellowed as I've got older. I'm still a huge metal head though. Black Sabbath, Motorhead, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica (up to Black Album) to name a few of my favourites.

Been to so many concerts I have a serious hearing deficiency in my left ear, I really wish I had used ear plugs now but it was great at the time.

These days I like allsorts of tunes from classical to blues to rock to the 80's (god did I really say I like the 80's!!). I'm not limiting myself to a particular genre now, if I like it I like it doesn't matter what it is, even Punk!

Alex
    xxx

punk ain't dead.....it just smells that way!
  • April 5, 2005 8:38 PM BST
    I like mostly Classic Rock, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Cream, Blind Faith, Led Zepplin, on one side and The Eagles, Jimmy Buffett, Grate Dead, way to many to name. Basically a time when groups actually knew how to play guitar.
    Today's new country seems to be a rehash of the Country rock of the 70's which is good for country.
    I still have a hard time acknowledging that Rap is music and opera still hurts my ears.
  • April 5, 2005 8:57 PM BST
    I like Trance, I play it so loud my car sets off others car alarms. There I am at 56, in my Clio Sport travelling alone at 30 miles an hour with trance blaring hee hee. im thinking of getting some cool stickers for the back window. about time I grew up !!!!!.
    I also love Micheal Jackon and popular classics

Dorothy xx
  • April 6, 2005 8:42 PM BST
    Hi Shan
    Thanks I wont grow up then. I know its just funny seeing a clio sport coming along wiv a old lady in it playing trance. hee hee. I like your taste in music, if we ever all get together for a dance or disco, you can choose the music. But then we might need some slower stuff to catch our breath. ha ha. In fact when you think about it, music is such a powerful medium, it can make you very happy or very happily sad. I cant listen to " Born Free" without bursting into tears.Im gunna shut up now cos Im just droning on.

Dorothy xx
  • April 7, 2005 7:36 PM BST
    You have a lovely sense of humour, and a lady with a great deal of heart and soul Shan.
    Take care
    Hugs Dorothy xx
  • April 8, 2005 10:32 AM BST
    Hi Kendra
    Wow, the BMW sounds cool. Vibrate those speakers girl, hee hee. I know its naughty but I parked next to a car one day and set its alarm off my music was so loud I couldnt see out of the side mirrors they were moving so much. But music gets you that way. But then I can relax with the likes of Barbara Striesand and Eva Cassidy and I also love Shirley Bassey, what a contrast, but with this girl you get variety cos Im a Gemini. ha ha.
    Hugs to everyone
    Dorothy xx
    • 1980 posts
    April 5, 2005 3:43 AM BST
    Hi Alyssa-

This girl is an old rocker from way back and I do mean way back. I also like the blues, as in John Lee Hooker, Son House, Blind Boy Blake and others of that era. Actually I like all sorts of music and am rather eclectic in my tastes. I also play guitar mainly to annoy my cats.<g>

Hugs, Joni
    • 2463 posts
    April 5, 2005 5:26 PM BST
    I like a little of everything. Being trained on the clarinet, and can play guitar and some keyboards and percussion, sing bass-baritone (isn't that great for a tranny?), and write, I've appreciated everything from Wagnerian opera to pure jazz to punk to Zappa to Tuck and Patty to....oh, hell.....I'm rambling again.

Why not have a survey of our 10 all-time favorite recordings?
    • 2068 posts
    April 6, 2005 10:25 AM BST
    when it comes to music i like mine LOUD & NOISY!!...queen,ac/dc,Def leppard,rainbow,deep purple....and of course jon bon jovi to name but a few! love anna-marie xxx
    • 2068 posts
    April 6, 2005 10:26 AM BST
    great idea mere....all time top 10 recordings! love anna-marie xx
    • 1652 posts
    April 8, 2005 1:14 AM BST
    i thought only us older girls would be into mike oldfield, but good on you kendra. he's been a bit of an influence on my own music.
    my hero is andreas vollenweider, girls on the continent are more likely to have heard of him, but i like allsorts.
    sandi mentioned rap, no it's not music, it's talking irritatingly over non-melodious thumping noises.
    • 2463 posts
    April 8, 2005 2:51 AM BST
    Girls, while I respect your choices of music, I can't bear to hear many of those "artists." Here's why:

Radio in the Chicago area sucks beyond belief. The same old crap is rammed down our throats constantly and it has really made me hate some groups. If I never hear U2, the Stones, Led Zep, Aerosmith, and many other so-called "classic" bands I will incredibly happy. In some cases I just wasn't crazy about their music to begin with, but I could easily live with it as long as I didn't have to hear it all the time. If their stuff came on the radio I just changed the station. But nowadays when I change the station I hear the same stuff on all stations.

Chicago radio, and probably radio around the country, is afraid to take chances, so they stick with the same old nonsense that got them advertising dollars before. I could probably tolerate many of these groups if the stations could just lay off a little bit. Thank God I have a CD/tape player in my car. I may hear the same song 50 times on my ways in to work, but it's my choice to do so and nobody else is subjected to it.

They just don't realize that all these groups were new at one point. So why not give someone else a chance? It beats hearing "Stairway to Heaven" for the ten millionth time today.

Sorry. Am I being cranky again?
    • 2627 posts
    April 8, 2005 5:17 AM BST
    Mere Detroit's no better. Radio is like having a CD player & only one CD.
    I'm 46 white & live in the suburbs. Rap makes your heart PUMP.