Never gonna have children

• April 12, 2005 4:27 AM BST
    I realised this today, I'm gonna go ahead at some point with my srs and I'm never gonna have children, this is killing me, I've lost something I've wanted for years, I've always wanted children but I'm not gonna get that chance, my other option is live this lie for the rest of my days and die unhappy but atleast I'll have children, the toher way is to have the srs and die childless which will still make me unhappy, Its unfair, I've been robbed, this is seriuosly depressing me at the moment, everytime I think about it I can;t stop the tears, why was I born this way?
  • April 13, 2005 1:08 AM BST
    Thank you for your kind replies, girls

Reading them made me feel warm inside

I'm warming to the adaption idea, I know I can love anothers child like its family as my Goddaughter, A wonderful little 5 year old, I love her like family and I have a mothering instint towards her, shes had a hectic life to say the least, when she was last here with her father, I spned the day playing with her, cooking for her, holding her when she got upset and at one point filing her nails, which provoked the coment from my friend whos in the know 'Its not longer Uncle ****** but its Aunty *******'

I've blanked out my male name.

Anyway I'm rambling on

Again thank you for the kind words.

Nancy: the freezing the sperm idea has been mentioned to me but I've no idea how to go about it.
  • April 14, 2005 2:21 AM BST
    Thank you.

The research gives me some hope, hopefully one day I'll be able to give birth to own child, okay its fantasy but its something to hope for.
    • 67 posts
    November 10, 2005 5:27 PM GMT
    I've read the replies to your post and there's lots of great advice there girl. I have two young girls so I consider myself very blessed. I'm also a CD though I truly believe I'm more TV who could be even more but I've held back that part of me due to the need to raise my daughters properly. I've foregone my desires of being a true lady in order to love my children the way I believe they should be loved. Am I happy though? I doubt it. But the love anyone can have for a child makes that person do things that takes away their own desires. Their own selfishness. But one thing, I'll never regret my choice. Sure I have certain aspirations but they're on the backburner in order to raise my children the way they should be raised. I sympathize with your plight. Should I have thought of myself first, I would never have been able to experience the joy of having children. I consider myself lucky that way. But as Joni said, there are many, MANY children out there who need loving parents. My children may be my children genetically but I'd have no problem raising and loving an adopted child as if he/she were my very own. Look into it. You'd be very surprised.

Stacy
    • 2627 posts
    April 12, 2005 1:57 PM BST
    Lucy Tiina's right. If you look you'll find a beautifull child that needs a caring person to love them. I helped raise my great neice after her father left them. Though not my child the love I felt for her was at times overwhelming. It was so great to feel that I wouldn't give it back for anything.
    • 1980 posts
    April 12, 2005 1:59 PM BST
    Lucy, Tiina wrote exactly what I would have written. A child doesn't have to share your genes for you to be able share your love. There are children all over this world who need loving parents. There may be difficulties and hurdles to overcome but if you are willing to face the challenges and problems of GRS you will undoubtedly overcome any bureaucratic roaoblocks involved in adoption.

Good luck.

Hugs, Joni
    • 2627 posts
    April 13, 2005 2:09 AM BST
    Lucy you should be able to get what info you need at any fertility clinic. It's very common. I wish you good luck in any choise you may make.
    • 2573 posts
    April 13, 2005 9:01 AM BST
    There are two lines of research, that I have heard about, for TS women to bear children:

1. Ectopic pregnancy - normally an accident and a bad thing. It is being studied as a possibility with new medical advances.

2. Uterine Transplant - The issues of hormone levels and transplant rejection before or during pregnancy are formidable. You could be your own surrogate mother, so freeze that semen before SRS.

The timeline on these is uncertain, but there is hope.

It's late, but tommorow I will try to find some links on this research. I'm sure I saved some.....somewhere...maybe the other computer....my notes (OMG!)

Lucy, I so much feel for you. There was the night I realized I would never have children....I do know. Raising someone else's child can be rewarding, fulfilling and you can love them no less than if they were your own. That does not mean that you stop wanting to have your own child. This is not ego, it is hardwired into us, like being TG. There is no need to deny this to be "politically correct". It's the way we were made. Why accept being TG and deny wanting your own child? Be you. I hope it happens for you the way you would wish. It did for Christine Jorgensen. Hope.
    • 2573 posts
    November 10, 2005 10:25 AM GMT
    Follow up on earlier post about ectopic pregnancy in "men".

Cosmic Log - Alan Boyle
    • Nov. 9, 2005 | 7:30 p.m. ET </id/9962103/>
    Strange science explained: Can a guy get pregnant? That's not just a classic question for a barroom bet. It's also the title of a newly published book answering that scientific poser and many others.
    So let's cut to the chase: Can he?
    "The answer is yes, in theory - in the sense of carrying an already-fertilized egg implanted in his body," said Bill Sones, co-author of "Can a Guy Get Pregnant: Scientific Answers to Everyday (and Not-So-Everyday) Questions." <http://www.pipress.net/html/upcoming_books.html>
    Not that it's ever happened, mind you. But Sones said doctors have reported cases <http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/strange/20000322-1210strange8.html> where a fertilized egg slipped out of a woman's fallopian tubes and attached itself in the pelvic wall, resulting in a healthy baby delivered by Caesarean section.
    "A couple of doctors told me a properly implanted and hormone-supplied, fertilized egg implanted somewhere in the guy would work," Sones said. "You'd need plenty of hormones."