laser

• 134 posts
    April 27, 2005 11:26 AM BST
    just had my first laser hair removal session this morning
    i will keep you updated with the results,
    angel xx
    • 134 posts
    April 27, 2005 3:14 PM BST
    hi sandra, ive got white skin & dark hair. they told me i was a good candidate for laser but results can vary from person to person.
    One thing they did mention was the amount of testostorone in your body has a major effect on the results, so im hoping i should be ok!
    angelxx
    • 134 posts
    April 27, 2005 3:15 PM BST
    Oh yeh, the type of laser was a "gentlase"?
    angel x
    • 134 posts
    May 5, 2005 8:50 AM BST
    update; the 1st evening my face looked like it had been shoved in a waffle iron! but next morning it was ok. after a few days i looked like i had a 5'o clock shadow & no amount of shaving would change it. It was like hair was just under the skin.
    after a few more days that has completly gone & my face is very smooth. I am now only shaving every 2nd day!
    If this keeps up i would certainly recomend laser.
    Angel xx
    • 1198 posts
    May 5, 2005 9:48 AM BST
    Hi Angel,

i'm having electrolysis on my face, but i am having laser treatment on my tattoo's. I can simpythise with the waffle affect, as my arms looked like they had been given some sort of blister agent. Do you find that you became itchy around the area that was lasered?.......hugz Julie x
    • 134 posts
    May 5, 2005 12:12 PM BST
    Hi Jules, yeh it is itchy at times although i havent actually seen any hair falling out!
    Why you getting your tat removed? i had one done about 3 years ago & love it!
    angel xx
    • 1198 posts
    May 5, 2005 12:22 PM BST
    Hi Angel,

just keep applying the cream hun and it will stop the itchie's.......(it didnt for me though). Having the tatts removed because there on the forearm's very unstightly in the summer. Not only that, it was part of my old life......hugz Julie xx
    • 134 posts
    May 5, 2005 3:03 PM BST
    Thanx julie, sorry i hadnt thought about your tats that way!
    I got a chinese symbol done on my lower back which i supose is a bit more girly than the forearm!
    luv,
    angelxx
    • 134 posts
    June 8, 2005 11:11 AM BST
    Just home from me second session (is that really 6 weeks gone by?) & my face is like a beetroot!
    They were very pleased with the results so far & so am I.
    This time she increased the power?
    Only pain is having to keep out of the sun...V. difficult for a sunworshiper like me!
    Oh well should be worth it!
    luv,
    Angel xxx
    • 1198 posts
    June 8, 2005 11:21 AM BST
    I can sypathise with you there Angel, i had my second doseage on my arm's on Monday. They hurt a fair this time round, but like you i have to stay out of the sun too....(bummer). Today i have my first dose of IPL on my face so reports later......glad its going well for you though.....hugz Julie xx
  • June 8, 2005 4:06 PM BST
    have had five facial laser hair removal treatments so far and it is awesome...hardly a single hair left...highly reccomend.
    • 134 posts
    June 8, 2005 4:41 PM BST
    thats good to know people are getting results Rikki. What kind of laser do they use on you? I am being treated with a candela gentlease this time she used 20 joules power on me with a 12mm head.
    angelxx
  • June 8, 2005 6:19 PM BST
    same laser at just about the same settings..seems to be a popular machine.