A mother´s day walk

• May 10, 2005 5:49 AM BST
    I had a nice mother´s day walk on the seaside promenade with my daughter, her boyfriend and our old dog. We all had an ice cream at the kiosk and enjoyed the bright and relatively warm spring day. The dog didn´t recognize me any more, to his mind I was a nice, but definitely a new lady, who gave him ice cream and talked to him in a nice way.
    Other dog owners stopped and changed some words with us. Probably I looked like a mother with her children enjoying the mother´s day outside, as thousand other moms.

Laura
  • May 10, 2005 7:22 AM BST
    Exactly Sandra.

I noticed that already when living in my old place when walking the dog. With my HRT his attitude changed in the style "You are now a chick and I don´t take orders from chicks".

Laura
    • 25 posts
    May 10, 2005 8:43 PM BST
    Hi Laura,

I would just like to jump in on this conversation.

I think that I could use a little bit of help on this subject.

I hope that you don’t mind my opinion of not liking Mother’s Day.

My boys will never see me as a mother but only as a father to them. They don’t know how to deal with Mother’s Day and me. I don’t blame them.

I am out to most of my friend at church and when Mother’s Day is celebrated they are so great they even include me in the service. I feel awkward even at their wonderful efforts to help me feel included. What wonderful friends they are.

Every Mother’s Day since I came out have been a knife in the heart to me.

I have read that you are comfortable with this holiday and would hope that someone could help me not dread it so much.

Rebecca

By the way, I have always have had an overwhelming love for animals and they for me.
  • May 10, 2005 10:43 PM BST
    I must add, my daughter shouted every now and then "daddy.

Laura