New wrong names

• May 30, 2005 6:39 AM BST
    Our new secretary knows me just as a woman. For some reason she has called me Leena by mistake from the very beginning. Perhaps I look like some Leena she knows. In the beginning I corrected her, the I gave up.
    On saturday I saw her sitting alone on a park bench. I joined her for a while and she looked at me smiling: "I wonder why I keep on calling you Leena, you are Laura, aren´t you?". I nodded and we both laughed. Now I have some hopes she remembers my name right, since she noticed her mistake herself. Now at the coffee table she was still laughing at her mistake and said: "Why didn´t you take me along to the new Lidl shop for the opening special offers?". After I had explained I visited the new Lidl on saturday...

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    May 30, 2005 11:51 AM BST
    Maybe Laura,

they know a few other people who's name's begin with "L" and at the time could have one of their names on their mind's. Its not all a case of "Sorry i don't know you're name". I do it sometimes with people i have known a long time......hugz Julie xx
  • May 31, 2005 5:51 AM BST
    Oh yes.

That is an innocent mistake, indeed. As a newcomer she has great problems in remembering the names of over 100 workers and she makes mistakes with nearly all of us. So, she can have all my symphaties.

Laura