Still mail for male

• June 1, 2005 6:40 AM BST
    Ouch...

Yesterday I got still mail on my old name...after 1,5 years. It was a commercial magazine of the S-group. I just emailed the S-group that I am responsible for what the guy has done in the way the Russian Federaditon is responsible for the former Soviet Union, but I´m definitely a woman and my name is Laura Virve Natalia T.

Laura
  • June 1, 2005 7:21 AM BST
    Heheeee Sandra...

This reminds me of my phone call to the electricity company after my name change. After my long explanation the girl at the other end asked helplessly: "So, is Lauri moving out and Laura stays?" I said: "Yes".

Laura
  • June 1, 2005 7:40 AM BST
    Laura,

Slightly different for me but I actually get my credit card bill addressed to Ms. rather than Mr. even though I have repeatedly told them otherwise. Must confuse the poor computer that I don't have any gender identifier on the account so it assumes I'm a girl.

Saying that it isn't the only one to get confused...the mortgage company always wanted to speak to Mrs, even though the mortgage was in single male name. Confused? So was I!

Just one of life's little annoyances but don't let it get to you, think the Lauri moving out but Laura staying is a good one.

Alex
    xxxx
    • 1198 posts
    June 1, 2005 6:21 PM BST
    Laura, i think you just have to relise that some companys never write to the person (ie:- your good self) so they just keep sending to your old name oblivious to your name, sex and status change.

I'm still trying to get the war pension people to write my change of name even after i have given them the correct doc's. CRAZY world we live in Ladie's.......hugz Julie xx
    • 539 posts
    June 5, 2005 12:32 AM BST
    I still occasionally get mail in my old name. It's a bit annoying, but it isn't worth my time to bother with it. Everything important comes in my new name now, so all the other stuff is just junk mail anyway. The volume of mail in my old name has gradually decreased, but I'm sure it will never completely vanish. I have better things to do with my time than try to get junk mailers to change my name, so I'll just have to put up with the occasional piece of mail to "Douglas Harrison".

Heather Harrison